Saturday, February 26, 2022

Saturday 9: Cruella De Vil

Saturday 9: Cruella de Vil (1961)

Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

1) In the original animated 101 Dalmatians, this song is written by Roger, who gets his best ideas at the piano. Where do you feel most creative?

A. Usually whenever I have a yellow legal pad in front of me or a guitar in my hands.

2) His piano is tucked away in a crowded attic. Does your home have an attic? If so, what do you keep up there?

A. We have an attic. Mostly we have old tax records up there.
 
3) The inspiration for this song is his wife's old school chum, the very wealthy and very mean Cruella de Vil. Have you ever found you couldn't stand one of your spouse's or lover's friends?

A. Yes. When my husband and I were dating, he hung out with his buds and some of them I did not care for.
  
4) Make no mistake, Cruella is a very bad lady. The American Film Institute named her #38 on their 100 Greatest Villains list. Tell us another nasty movie character who comes to mind.

A. The Joker.
 
5) Cruella wanted to skin sweet little Dalmation puppies and make a coat. (We told you she was bad.) As winter wears on, could you use a new coat (though not one made from puppy fur!)?

A. I thought I needed a new coat, but I found one hiding in the back of the closet that I'd forgotten I'd bought. So, I'm good.

6) This song was written by Mel Leven, who did both words and music. Do you think you'd be more successful as a lyricist (words) or composer (music)?

A. I do both. You can see my latest here.

7) 1961 was a big year for Disney. In addition to this animated movie, they had a hit with The Parent Trap, about twins who are reunited at summer camp. Approx. 1 in every 250 births results in twins. Are there any twins in your family?

A. Not that I am aware of.

8) Also in 1961, IBM introduced the Selectric typewriter. Amazon and Walmart both still sell typewriters. Do you own one?

A. I have a Brother electric typewriter. I don't use it, but I still have it. Maybe a nice new typewriter would inspire me.

9) Random question: When is the last time you took a nap?

A. I only take naps when I am ill. So sometime around December 1. I had a sinus infection then.

_______________
I encourage you to visit other participants in Saturday 9 posts and leave a comment. Because there are no rules, it is your choice. Saturday 9 players hate rules. We love memes, however.  
  

5 comments:

  1. The typewriter my parents gave me before I headed off to college was a Brother. I loved that thing. I've been thinking since I answered the questions and I think I lent mine to my mom many years ago...which means it is still at her house somewhere as she never parts with anything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. #5 Those are the best coats that you find in the back of a closet, they have the best memories.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad I am not the only one with an attic. I think every house I have lived in has had an attic and my Grandparents house did too. I wonder in my case if it is that older homes have attics and they have stopped building them? I live in an older home. Loved your answers! Have a nice weekend!

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. #5 -- I'm excited when I unexpectedly find a $5 in my jeans pocket. You really hit the jackpot with a whole COAT!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.