Tuesday, February 22, 2022

TroubleMaker

I wrote another song. This one is called TroubleMaker.

I'm playing an Epiphone Les Paul Special I and using an RC-3 Loop Station for the drums. I recorded a rhythm track first, then a lead track over that, and then played rhythm again and sang.

This is not a song that really suits my voice, but I honestly think of the things I've written, this is probably the most "commercial." 



Here are the words:

Troublemaker
By Anita Firebaugh

We’ve got similar demons, we sing similar songs
But you did things right while I did them wrong.
Did an angel grab you, send you on your way
While the devil told me there’d be hell to pay?

I’m a troublemaker. I’m a troublemaker.
I’m a troublemaker, risk taker, fool maker, heart breaker, troublemaker.

You smile like the sunshine, your voice is like spring
I laugh at the darkness and my words only sting.
You smell only flowers and you see only good
While I’m the bad girl in the neighborhood.

I’m a troublemaker. I’m a troublemaker.
I’m a troublemaker, risk taker, fool maker, heart breaker, troublemaker.

What kind of spell did you place on me to make me think I could fly with no wings?
What kind of fool do you think I am? Do you really think that I might give a damn?

I’m a troublemaker. I’m a troublemaker.
I’m a troublemaker, risk taker, fool maker, heart breaker, troublemaker.

I can sense your desire, I can see in your eyes
That you thought you had me when you made me cry.
But I know you’ve got secrets, I know if I stay
I’ll make sure they all come out one day.

I’m a troublemaker. I’m a troublemaker.
I’m a troublemaker, risk taker, fool maker, heart breaker, troublemaker.

I'm a troublemaker.

2 comments:

  1. Very interesting song. I like how it rhymes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love this song! It is such a catchy tune and I think that you do a fabulous job with it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.