Monday, February 07, 2022

Knock Off Poem

I am the wine-man for the county
and I travel open roads.
Looking for a buyer before
the bottles explode.

I see people singing in the vineyards
I hear them cheering football teams
And the wine-man for the county
is still living out the dream.

I know I need a small vacation
But the main roads don't shut down
And when they do, I'm stuck in traffic
Or sleeping in some little town.

And I think about you daily
I still love you all the time.
But I'm only just a salesman
Trying to sell out my wine.


(Knocked off from The Wichita Lineman, a Glenn Campbell song that I am trying to exorcise from my head)

1 comment:

  1. Cute little poem. Could be worse songs stuck in one's head :) I had the theme song for the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse for days one time after watching grandson. I haven't heard The Wichita Lineman in years. Bet I hear it somehow over the next few days.

    betty

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.