Saturday, December 25, 2021

Saturday 9: Happy Holidays!


Saturday 9: Happy Holidays!

1. When Sam Winters (the meme author) was a little girl, she loved giving her annual wish list to Santa. If you could ask Santa for anything at all, right now, what would it be?

A. World peace, less fighting amongst people, etc., would all be very nice, but wishing it away isn't going to make it go away. Santa, alas, is rather materialistic in what he can actually manage, so I will wish for a small 5-year diary, one with just a few lines per day. I saw them when I was younger, even had one, I think, but I haven't seen them in a while and haven't been able to find one.

2. Are you currently on the Naughty or Nice list? How did you get there?

A. I presume I am on the Nice list, since I've not done anything overly naughty.

3. Are you traveling this Christmas? If so, are you going by car, plane or train?

A. Not traveling.

4. Did you buy yourself a gift this year?

A. No.

5. What's your favorite holiday-themed movie or TV special? Have you seen it yet this year?

A. Rudolph, the Red-Nosed Reindeer, and I've seen it. I also like Jeff Dunham's Christmas Special - the DVD version, not the one on TV, because it leaves out a lot. The DVD version is hilarious.

6. Which do you prefer: candy canes or gingerbread?

A. Gingerbread.

7. Close your eyes and tell us the first carol that comes to mind.

A. Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree is playing on the radio so it's sort of hard to think of something else at the moment. That's not a carol, though, it's just a holiday song. Joy to the World?

8. What's your favorite winter beverage?

A. Water, same as it is every day. In the good ol' days, I used to like hot chocolate.

9. What do you remember most about the 2020 holiday season?

A. Covid. We stood out in the cold on my back porch with various members of my family at certain times, all of masked and huddled in our coats.

_______________
I encourage you to visit other participants in Saturday 9 posts and leave a comment. Because there are no rules, it is your choice. Saturday 9 players hate rules. We love memes, however.  

5 comments:

  1. #8 I joke that what I like about water this time a year when the revivors freeze over is that you don't need ice for cold water

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Jeff Dunham. He came here several years ago, and I wanted to go see him, but the tickets were so expensive! Loved your answers! Merry Christmas. Have a great day! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, you just reminded me that I didn't choose a Christmas carol--I'll have to go back to fix that answer.

    Wishing you a very merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wishing you a Merry Christmas, Ms Anita. I can't drink hot chocolate anymore either. It comes back to bite me.
    I'm going to look up that DVD version of Jeff Dunham's Christmas Special. We need some laughs around here.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.