Sunday, August 29, 2021

Sunday Stealing

Sunday Stealing

1. Are you a Jeopardy! fan?  Who do you want to replace Alex Trebeck?

A. I am a fan. I want to replace Alex Trebeck! I never could, but it would be nice to try. Otherwise, I don't think anyone can replace Trebeck, but someone else can take over as host. I have no idea who.

2. What’s your favorite horror film?

A. I don't watch horror films anymore. The last one I saw was The Shining in 1980 or thereabouts.

3. Are you a possessive person?

A. Mine! Mine! No, I don't think so. I mean, I am about some things, I suppose, but mostly not.

4. Who’s your idol?

A. I don't really have one. I think my father is an astute businessman. My brother has a lot of patience. I think Melissa Etheridge is a great guitar player. Nora Roberts is a good writer. But I don't think I idolize anyone.

5. List five things you can’t live without.

A. Air, water, food, something to read, and a toilet. (Extra credit: toilet paper.)

6. Where do you feel home?

A. In my house.

7. What are your three best qualities?

A. According to my husband, I'm intelligent, kind, and caring.

8. Name three things that make you happy.

A. Being creative, being with or talking to my husband, family, or friends, and learning new things.

9. What helps you when you’re feeling down?

A. Music.

10. Which big cities have you been to?

A. New York, Madrid, San Francisco, San Diego, Orlando, New Orleans, Richmond, Charlotte, Paris.

11. What’s your favorite love story? ( Book, film, etc. )

A. In film, I guess it would be Dirty Dancing. In books, I don't know that I have a favorite. Generally it's whatever book I am reading at the moment.

12. Talk about the best concert you ever attended.

A. The best concert I ever attended was Linda Ronstadt with Aaron Neville back in the late 1980s. That woman had a set of pipes, I have to say. Neville was also good back then. But most importantly, it was a birthday present from my husband.

13. What’s one thing you don’t ever want to change?

A. My husband.

14. What scares you?

A. The thought of something happening to my husband.

15. What are three things you want to do before you die?

A. Write a book, see the Grand Canyon again, and obtain my Ph.D.

_______________

I encourage you to visit other participants in Sunday Stealing posts and leave a comment. Cheers to all us thieves who love memes, however we come by them.

7 comments:

  1. good answers! Your comfort and connection with your husband is wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  2. #5 - A toilet - of course. That made me chuckle. :o)

    #11 - I have to confess I'm not a fan of Dirty Dancing. I watched it once and thought it was just too cheesy. It's fairly near to the top of my "Movies never to watch again" list. Sorry about that.

    #15 - Write that book. I will read it.

    :o)

    Cheers

    PM

    ReplyDelete
  3. I forgot Paris! How could I forget Paris?

    You and your husband sound so very *married.* I think that's romantic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll bet you're the only person who lists "toilet" as something you can't live without! I don't need TP, I have a bidet, which I love.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aaron Neville--saw him in New Orleans once, at Tipitina's. Man could sing, that's for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Linda Ronstadt was a remarkable singer. And her duets with Aaron Neville were so romantic.

    What subject would your PhD be?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. English, I guess. I seriously doubt my classes for my masters' degree would transfer to a big university that offers a Ph.D., so I'd probably have to take forever to get it.

      Delete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.