Saturday, July 24, 2021

Saturday 9: Hello Muddah, Hello Fadduh


Unfamiliar with this song? Hear it here.

1) TV writer Allan Sherman based this song on his own son's letters of complaint from camp. Did you go away to summer camp?

A. I went to band camp when I was in high school, but never summer camp.

2) Our camper is afraid of both bears and alligators. What animal scares you? 

A. Snakes.

3) One of his fellow campers developed poison ivy rash. Have you ever experienced redness and itching caused by poison ivy or poison sumac?

A. I have indeed. And required steroids for it because I had it all over me.

4) Early in his career, Allan Sherman created the game show I've Got a Secret, which became a big hit. What's your all-time favorite TV game show?

A. Jeopardy!

5) In 1959 he moved from New York to Hollywood, where he transitioned from writing to performing almost by accident. As a lark, he entertained at the parties of his next-door neighbor, Harpo Marx. A recording company executive heard him and offered him a contract. Tell us about the last party you attended.

A. My stepmother held a party for my father's 80th birthday. You can read about here.

6) Allan Sherman got unexpected press attention and a boost in record sales when it was discovered that President John F. Kennedy was a fan. What's something you purchased because of a recommendation from someone else (friend, relative, celebrity endorsement . . .)?

A. I have an iPhone because my brother recommended it over the Androids.

7) In 1963, the year "Hello Mudduh, Hello Fadduh" was popular, Studebaker stopped producing cars in the United States. What was your family car when you were growing up?

A. We went through many cars. The one I remember was a blue Dodge Charger.

8) Also in 1963, Vogue magazine did a cover story on how make wearing white "new and exciting." What color do you look best in? Is it the color you wear most often?

A. I look best in blue or green. I wear blue, mostly. I have hazel eyes and blue clothing makes my eyes look more blue.

9) Random question: Have you ever gone on to have a platonic relationship with a former lover?

A. No.

______________

I encourage you to visit other participants in Saturday 9 posts and leave a comment. Because there are no rules, it is your choice. Saturday 9 players hate rules. We love memes, however. 

9 comments:

  1. We had some of the same answers. Some of my friends went to band camp. I have been having my own camp.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely agree with you on #2.
    I also have hazel eyes.
    Have a nice day.

    https://gloriasretiredlife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugh! Our son is like that with poison ivy. He had it so bad in high school that he could barely move. He didn't even want anyone to stir the air by him. When the blisters popped solid sheets of scab formed on the backs of his legs and he couldn't bend his legs until they healed. It was a long, long summer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. As a group us Saturday Niners seem to hate snakes and love Jeopardy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am the same way with poison ivy! Oh I just hate it.
    I was reading some information online this past week and I read that they are making a movie called The Four Winds. I am assuming it is off the book by the author you love Kristin Hannah. I also read that they are making a movie out of Before We Were Yours. I guess we will see, but I hope so. Loved your answers! Have a nice weekend.

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. #7. The one that sticks in my mind is my Dad's old green van.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's nice to see pictures of your father's birthday. It's good to "meet" your family.

    It's funny--I have hazel eyes, and they tend to look more green than blue. No bluish in them at all.

    I felt very itchy reading about your poison ivy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've never dealt with poison ivy, so I don't know how I'd react. But I worry about it. Some bug bites make me blow up so I always have to have an epipen.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.