Monday, July 05, 2021

Dad Had a Party

My father turned 80 on July 1, and his wife threw a party for him at the country club. It was supposed to be a surprise party, but you can't invite over 100 people and not have someone blab. So he knew he was having a party, he just didn't know who was invited.

His big surprise was that my cousin from California came in for the party and to stay for a week. Dad seemed pretty pleased with his big event.

The entry decorations

My father as a young man, circa 1976 or so. Maybe earlier, I'm not sure.

Dad and his wife enter the party!

My brother makes a speech.

This is where he starts to bring in the surprise guests.

Dad realizes his nephew from California is there.

Hugs all around.

Dad was very happy.

The surprise left my father speechless, which my brother considered a score.

My brother and his girlfriend.

Dad greeting folks.

Just an overview to show lots of people there. I think there were nearly 80 people present.

My father, my brother's girlfriend, and my cousin Lisa.


My cousins George and Becky.

Dad with my cousin Steve.

Dad and his wife Rita share a moment.

My step mother and my cousin.

My stepmother, her daughter Shonna, and Shonna's friend.

Cousin Steve.

My husband with Steve and Lisa


2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to your dad! Where is a picture of you and him together?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was taking pictures. I have one someone sent me of the two of us together, but I didn't ask for permission to use it on my blog.

      Delete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.