Sunday, June 13, 2021

Sunday Stealing


1. Describe your phone lock screen.

A. I'm not sure what that is. If it's the screen with the time on it, it's bluish greenish and looks like maybe a wave or splash of water.
 
2. How often do you journal?

A. I write in my blog almost daily. I used to keep other journals but I haven't done that in a while. Usually once a year I start one but then I get happy and abandon it.
 
3. What’s your favorite thing to teach others?

A. How to write a decent sentence. No. I used to write in the newspaper to teach people about the local government and how it functioned. Apparently no one read the articles, because the people who are attending the Board of Supervisors meetings now are idiots who have no clue as to what the Board can and cannot do.
 
4. How do you like to spend Sundays?

A. Alive.
 
5. What would you describe as your kryptonite?

A. Books and this computer.
 
6. A TV show or movie you thought was really bad.

A. Anything with Adam Sandler in it is a bad movie.
 
7. Do you know your mail carrier?

A. Yes. His name is Ralph.
 
8. Which regional foods are your favorite?

A. Chicken. I don't know. I'm not sure we have regional food anymore. Everything is trucked in from everywhere else.
 
9. What was your life like 20 years ago?

A. I was writing for the newspaper, so I was constantly running around the county chasing after stories, interviewing people, hobnobbing with the elected officials, sitting in on court cases occasionally, doing loads of writing, and generally working what seemed to be 24/7.
 
10. List some crafting hobbies that you’d like to learn or improve.

A. I would like to learn to make jewelry. My husband bought me a kit several years ago, and it is sitting in the closet, so I must not want to do it that much.

11. What is your favorite type of YouTube videos?

A. I like music videos.
 
12. Describe your surroundings.

A. It's a room with almond-colored walls. There is a corner desk covered with papers of all kinds. Several bookcases line the walls - the one on the corner desk has an out-of-date world globe atop of it. The books range from science fiction to fantasy to books on writing to local history to magic, the Bible, and Qu'ran. Two guitars sit off to the side; several cameras take up space in a bookcase. Two printers sit side by side. Three clocks tick-tock on the wall. Two windows let in sunlight and offer a bucolic view of the Blue Ridge Mountains. Pictures include Gandolf the White from Lord of the Rings, Melissa Etheridge, a Van Gogh replica, and signed photos of Bonnie Raitt and Charlie Sheen. What does this tell you about me?

13. You're making a Time Capsule to be opened in 50 years.  What 3 things would you put in it?

A. A copy of the U.S. Constitution, a USB drive filled with books and other information, as much as it would hold, and a guitar string.

14. Something you learned recently that resonated with you.

A. I was watching Forrest Gump and was reminded that stupid is as stupid does. Lately I see a lot of stupid happening all around me, which is a good reason to stay home.

15. Songs that get stuck in your head often…

A. Most of them that I know at some point or another. Recently I've been stuck on Calling All Angels by Train.


 _______________

I encourage you to visit other participants in Sunday Stealing posts and leave a comment. Cheers to all us thieves who love memes, however we come by them.

6 comments:

  1. I enjoyed reading about your surroundings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea to put the U.S. constitution in the box! I like that. Oh and books! Your time capsule will be great!
    Good for you for knowing your mail carrier! I remember my Grandparents knowing their guy and they would talk to him and my Granie would make him a drink in the summer and sometimes a small snack. I know I have a man, but I am not here when he comes by. Loved your answers! Have a nice day!

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. You were so detailed when describing your room that I almost feel I am there with you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Were the court cases exciting? I've been on jury duty twice and called two other times and thought courthouses were their own self-contained ecosystems, neat places to hang out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't understand why Adam Sandler films are so popular - nonbody I have spoken too here likes them really.

    :o)

    Cheers

    PM

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.