Thursday, April 01, 2021

Thursday Thirteen

No Thursday Thirteen from me today.

April Fools!

Of course I must do a list of some kind for Thursday Thirteen!

Here we go . . .

1. The greatest gift of life is friendship, and I have received it. ~ Hubert H. Humphrey

2. One loyal friend is worth ten thousand relatives. ~ Euripides

3. Things are never quite as scary when you've got a best friend. ~ Bill Watterson

4. The friend in my adversity I shall always cherish most. I can better trust those who helped to relieve the gloom of my dark hours than those who are so ready to enjoy with me the sunshine of my prosperity. ~ Ulysses S. Grant

5. She is a friend of mind. She gather me, man. The pieces I am, she gather them and give them back to me in all the right order. It's good, you know, when you got a woman who is a friend of your mind. ~ Toni Morrison

6. Lovers have a right to betray you . . . friends don't. ~ Judy Holliday

7. No person is your friend who demands your silence, or denies your right to grow. ~ Alice Walker

8. Sometimes being a friend means mastering the art of timing. There is a time for silence. A time to let go and allow people to hurl themselves into their own destiny. And a time to prepare to pick up the pieces when it's all over. ~ Octavia E. Butler

9. If you have one true friend you have more than your share. ~ Thomas Fuller

10. When we honestly ask ourselves which person in our lives means the most to us, we often find that it is those who, instead of giving advice, solutions, or cures, have chosen rather to share our pain and touch our wounds with a warm and tender hand. ~ Henri Nouwen

11. I have learned that to be with those I like is enough. ~ Walt Whitman

12. Lots of people want to ride with you in the limo, but what you want is someone who will take the bus with you when the limo breaks down. ~ Oprah Winfrey

13. I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend. ~Thomas Jefferson

Read more at https://www.brainyquote.com/topics/friendship-quotes


Thursday Thirteen is played by lots of people; there is a list here if you want to read other Thursday Thirteens and/or play along. I've been playing for a while and this is my 701st time to do a list of 13 on a Thursday. Or so sayth the Blogger counter, anyway.

1 comment:

  1. Agree with Jefferson but a difference in what is right or wrong gives cause.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.