Tuesday, March 30, 2021

Deer

 





We have quite the deer herd visiting us in front of the house almost daily. I've counted as many as a dozen, but generally it's about nine. They like to lay in the area in front of the house, where it is sheltered from everything but my eyes.

I enjoy watching them rest like that. They seem so content and unwary.

We have too many deer on the farm now. Not enough hunters. Some of these animals are quite small and while some are last year's fawns and still growing, deer are not as large as they once were, when the population was better control.

Too bad we can't round them up and haul them off to auction like we do the cattle. They might stand a better chance than roaming around in the wild, where there's not enough food for all of them now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.