Saturday, April 03, 2021

Saturday 9: Peter Cottontail


1) Which do you prefer: colored hard-boiled eggs, chocolate marshmallow eggs, or plastic eggs with coins inside?

A. Plastic eggs with coins inside.

2) What's your favorite color of Peeps (yellow, purple, or pink)?

A. I do not like Peeps. Those things are nasty.

3) All this talk of sweets is making Sam hungry. What's for lunch?

A. Chicken salad.

4) This song was introduced by country singer Gene Autry and it's still a favorite. Please share some of the lyrics. (And you're on your own; Sam didn't include a link to the song this week.)

A. Here comes Peter Cottontail, hoppin' down the bunny trail! Hippity Hoppity Easter's on its way! He's got jelly beans for Tommy, colored eggs for sister Sue, there's an orchid for your mommy, and an Easter bonnet too! (That's from memory. I'm not even sure it's the same song.)

5) Gene Autry was so popular that a town in Oklahoma named itself for him. Have you ever been to Oklahoma?

A. I think we passed through it on a traveling trip to California in 1976.

6) He and his horse Champion also had a TV show. Can you name another famous horse?

A. Secretariat, winner of the Triple Crown in horse racing.

7) Gene Autry also recorded "Rudolph, The Red Nosed Reindeer," and it was, of course, wildly popular, too. Who is your favorite recording artist?

A. I think I own an even amount of recordings of Melissa Etheridge, Sheryl Crow, and Linda Ronstadt.

8) In 1950, the year Autry recorded this song, Diner's Club issued the first credit card. Think of the last thing you purchased. Did you use cash, a credit card, a debit card, an e-wallet service (Visa Checkout, Paypal, Google Pay, Apple Pay ...) or a check?

A. I wrote a check to the chiropractor.

9) Easter is recognized as the start of the spring season. What are you looking forward to this spring?

A. Getting my second Covid shot. Maybe by mid-May I will feel safe enough to purchase new clothes. I've lost 20 pounds and my pants won't stay up.

______________

I encourage you to visit other participants in Saturday 9 posts and leave a comment. Because there are no rules, it is your choice. Saturday 9 players hate rules. We love memes, however.

13 comments:

  1. Goodness, you've lost 20 lbs. Were you trying to lose weight or was this
    health related?
    I enjoyed your answers and #4, it's the same song.
    Have a great Saturday!

    https://gloriasretiredlife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was health related. I needed to lose the weight, though, and still need to lose more.

      Delete
    2. I will be glad when the weather gets warmer.
      I have put some furniture on our deck but it is still too cold
      to have my morning coffee without a coat on and this defeats the
      purpose.

      Delete
  2. #4 -- Good for you! Those are the lyrics!

    #9 -- Congrats on your weight loss. New clothes shopping should be fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. It will be a while but it is something to look forward to.

      Delete
  3. My mother used to save the yellow Leggs eggs and put money and chocolates in them, she used to hide them around the house for our Easter egg hunt. I think she found that easier then coloring eggs and we liked it better sine we got chocolates and money instead of eggs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My grandmother used to do that. She preferred the plastic eggs and a few coins to dying real eggs. My mother dyed eggs.

      Delete
  4. Congrats on the weight loss, enjoy clothes shopping

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am not a fan of Peeps either. I just find the Secretariat story so interesting. I saw the movie. So good!
    It is going to be May before I am completely vaccinated with the tow weeks after the second vaccine. I am ready!
    Congratulations on your weight loss! That is awesome. Loved your answers! Have a nice weekend and Happy Easter.

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't wait to get my second vaccine this Wednesday. :)

    I hope your shopping is successful--a very nice reason to need new clothes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love strong rock lady singers including the three you've mentioned. I'd add Pat Benatar & Nancy Heart... :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You must be one of the few who has LOST weight during this past year!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You likely did pass through Oklahoma in your way here. Kansas, eastern Colorado, Nebraska.. same same.. Miles and miles and MILES of Flat!
    Peeps really are nasty. We used to take them and stick toothpicks in one of their little "hands, and stand them up on a plate in the Microwave and watch them duel it out.
    I was losing weight before the pandemic, and have lost a ton more. I weigh less not than before the twins were born. Whee.. It's time to take ballet again!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.