Tuesday, March 09, 2021

Global Harmony

When we were downtown Saturday for my husband's vaccination, we drove by a new sculpture.

It's called Global Harmony and it was installed in March 2019.

I don't go downtown much, so I had not seen it.


Arizona-based artist Stephen Fairfield created the steel and fiberglass work. It has LED lights that can be programmed to shine in different colors for special occasions.

The artist called Roanoke "a diversified and welcoming city" in media reports. He said the sculpture reflects that "from a global perspective.

It was hard to take it in from the front seat of the car. When the pandemic ends, I will have to go back and take a closer look.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.