Monday, March 08, 2021

All About that Shot!

Saturday we went to the drive-through shot clinic at the Berglund Center so my husband could receive the Johnson & Johnson one-and-done shot.

He had no reaction to it at all. I kept a close eye on him but he's not had a single issue. Not even a sore arm.

The drive-through clinic worked well. It was impressive, actually. We were in and out in 20 minutes, and that counts the 15 minute wait period that the Health Department required.

Orange and white cones greeted us as we arrived. At the turn in, someone checked off his name and sent us to the right. We drove up and down and up and down a long line of cones. This seemed a little bit of overkill given there was no line, but perhaps there were lines at other times and this was necessary.

The National Guard members were helping. We stopped at another check point, and were directed to the line with "the guy waving the blue flag."

He sent us down the line where several site shots were set up. They checked the name again (at some point, I don't know when, someone wrote "15 1 P " in soap on the back window, which I assume meant 15 minute wait and only one person was registered to get the shot.

My hubby already had on a short sleeved shirt and no coat, so he rolled down the window. A nice woman gave him a shot, put a Band-Aid on him, and sent us over to the other side of the Berglund Center to wait our 15 minutes.

I'm not sure he gave it the full 15 minutes, but we were out of there and gone.

This was a great experience. He's vaccinated, and that means one of us will be safe. His vaccine also helps me until I manage to obtain mine.

Good job and applause all the way around.

P.S. Husband isn't growing horns, or a third eye, or anything at all. Imagine that!


6 comments:

  1. No harm has come to either my husband or myself, except that we feel safer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't get a third eye or horns, either. Maybe that'll come with my second dose of Moderna. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will receive the first of my vaccine shots Tuesday. I can't wait. I wish it was the one and done, but I'll take what I can get.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is great! We go back on Saturday for the 2nd dose. I heard we will be down for a day or so. Are you in the next group?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am in the 1b group, which is the same group as my husband, but I think they're going by age. Virginia has been a little haphazard in its inoculation efforts.

      Delete
  5. Thank you for the information.
    We get our 1st vaccine shots today.
    I hope we do as good as your husband.
    Have a nice day.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.