Wednesday, February 24, 2021

Avoidance Behavior

 Q. What is something important you've been avoiding? Why are you putting it off? How would you feel if you took care of it?

A. I have put off calling to schedule my mammogram. I have put it off because of Covid-19. I was hoping I might get the vaccine before I had this done. I also have been dealing with a stomach ulcer, and I can only deal with one thing at a time right now. 

If I schedule the appointment and go ahead and get it taken care of, then I will have it off my mind. Maybe I could schedule it for April, and I would have my Covid shot by then. I'm in the under 65 but high risk group, so I think I'm up next.


2 comments:

  1. This reminds me! I have to look up protocol for "the under 65 group" here! I keep hearing about what short supply there is, so I hadn't bothered. But that's not smart. Thank you for the kick.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anita, I read an article that said medical experts recommend women get their mammogram before the shot or wait 6 weeks or so after the shot. Here's the link https://news.yahoo.com/women-advised-mammograms-least-4-010722383.html

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.