Saturday, November 28, 2020

Saturday 9: Black


Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

1) This song was chosen because yesterday was Black Friday, the traditional day of sales. Have you begun your Christmas shopping?

A. I started back in early October. We are not doing much this year, not like in past years. I have done all of it online because I am not going into stores. I hope folks won't be disappointed.
 
2)  Was there an adult beverage served with your Thanksgiving feast?

A. No.
 
3) Did any pets enjoy scraps from your Thanksgiving table?

A. No.

4) Are there any Thanksgiving leftovers in your refrigerator right now?

A. Yes. Turkey and sweet potato casserole.

5) Football is a popular Thanksgiving weekend pastime. Will you be watching any games over the next few days? If yes, which team(s) are you rooting for?

A. No.

6) This week's song is by Dierks Bentley. He wrote it for his wife, Cassidy Black, who appears in the video. They met in eighth grade, dated on and off, and then eloped when they were in their late 20s. Has anyone ever surprised you by going off and suddenly getting married?

A. Yes, my nephew did that about two years ago. We suspected it, but it was still a surprise.

7) 2016 was a good year for Bentley. This song was one of three hits he had that year, he co-hosted the CMAs and was nominated for Male Vocalist of the Year and Video of the Year. As 2020 winds to an end, do you feel it's been a successful year?

A. Not particularly.

8) In 2016, David Bowie died. Do you have a favorite Bowie song?

A. Space Oddity (Major Tom).

9) Also in 2016, CBS telecast reran How the Grinch Stole Christmas for the 50th time. What's your favorite Dr. Seuss story?

A. The Cat in the Hat.

______________
I encourage you to visit other participants in Saturday 9 posts and leave a comment. Because there are no rules, it is your choice. Saturday 9 players hate rules. We love memes, however. 

8 comments:

  1. I like the Cat in the Hat too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We both picked Space Oddity
    For the longest time I thought the name of the song was Space Odyssey like the movie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooh! Sweet potato casserole sounds so good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't started any Christmas shopping (don't like Black Fridays) and
    I have plenty of Thanksgiving leftovers in the frig.
    I enjoyed your answers today.
    Have a good Saturday my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Space Oddity is a favorite of mine, too--it was tough to choose just one song, I love Bowie.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do not want to go into stores either. My mom keeps talking about wanting to go shopping. I think she forgets about covid sometimes. I always do a lot of shopping online, so I have a little bit done. Loved your answers. Have a nice weekend.

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sure everyone will like their gifts. I did virtually all of my shopping online last year and everyone was thrilled with what they got. This year I'm doing a little bit in the stores since I'm not working and have the time, but most of it is still done online. The one thing I hate to buy online is clothing. That, I like to see in person before I buy. Sweet potato casserole sounds very good. I didn't make any this year since I'd have been the only one eating it. Maybe for Christmas. Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think your casserole may be what I call candied yams, but maybe not. There is one my sil made one year that had frozen orange juice in it and was delicious!
    Everyone will love your gifts, I'm sure. No fretting. In this climate it will be lovely to just be able to get together.
    "Space Oddity" is my favorite David Bowie, too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.