Thursday, November 26, 2020

Thursday Thirteen - Happy Thanksgiving!

These are unused photos from October 31, 2020, beginning with the Halloween moon.

 
This picture makes me hear the theme to Buffy the Vampire Slayer in my head.

Pretty little five-point buck. He had a wide rack.

A deer and a wild turkey.

Red-headed woodpecker.

The bandit squirrel doing a thorough job of self-cleansing.

And then a long stretch on the side of the tree. Squirrel yoga, maybe?

Run turkey! Run!

And a partridge in a pear tree. Not really. I think they're doves.

The woodpecker again.

Old Mother Hubbard taking a nap.

Deer tail.

Ending as we began, with the Halloween moon. The problem with this photo is the moon is over-exposed. If I could have captured the horizon with the moon like in the top picture, I'd have had something.

Lastly, some kind of finch I think. I am still not up on my birds yet.

 


_____________

Thursday Thirteen is played by lots of people; there is a list here if you want to read other Thursday Thirteens and/or play along. I've been playing for a while and this is my 684th time to do a list of 13 on a Thursday. Or so sayth the Blogger counter, anyway.

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful pictures! I did not play Thursday 13, but just visiting to say Happy Thanksgiving!

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Run, turkey, run! Run, Forrest, run! I've never seen a black turkey before or a wild one as black as that. A professional photographer friend of mine once told me that the moon is one of the most difficult objects to capture in photography. I have never taken a shot of the moon as good as yours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm really impressed by the squirrel's tail. The last one of the deer is very cool too. The last bird looks like it has the face of a mouse! Oh, a little face within the larger one like an illusion.

    ReplyDelete
  4. how pretty! Turkey's are really majestic aren't they? that moon!! Happy day my friend, no snow for you but we might get more in a day or so

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the nature pictures and “mother Hubbard” gave me a much needed chuckle tonight... thank you and Happy Thanksgiving Anita.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.