Sunday, August 02, 2020

Sunday Stealing

Sunday Stealing

1. Name 5 people you admire and why.

A. My husband, because he is courageous, kind, fair, and loving (and he's mine).
     My brother, because he is steadfast, honorable, and decent (and he's the best brother ever).
     Hillary Clinton, because she is intelligent, humorous, and steadfast. She has put up with more shit than any person should have and still manages to get up every day. (And she should have been president. I can guarantee we wouldn't have the shit-show we have now if she had been.)
     Oprah Winfrey, who managed to overcome a traumatic upbringing and move on to entertain and enlighten millions.
     Diane Sawyer, who has been a great journalist and role model.
          
2. When was the last time you did something adventurous?

A. I went to the doctor Wednesday. Leaving the house anymore is a dangerous journey into the unknown.

3. You felt you got older when my mother passed away.

4. What one thing that could happen today would make you extremely happy?

A. A vaccine for the coronavirus.

5. An experience you don’t want to go through again.

A. Having my husband disabled from surgery and unable to walk. I'd also not like to have him run a body part through farm machinery again.

6. One decision you made that changed your life completely.

A. I left a job at a law firm.

7. How do you participate in saving the earth?

A. I recycle, we farm and spent $$$$$ fencing the cattle out of the stream and pond. This required drilling a well, purchasing a generator, running miles of water line, etc. to keep them watered at troughs. That was the biggest thing we have done, was fencing the cattle out of the tributaries. It was a very big project and a very big deal. We won a conservation award for it.

8. A gift you would like to get on your next birthday?

A. Just a chocolate cake would be fine.

9. Things you miss about your childhood?

A. Not much. I miss being smaller in size.

10. The greatest invention?

A. Agriculture.

11. Your favorite super hero.

A. Wonder Woman, although I also like Supergirl and Stargirl, currently closing out its first season on the CW, has been pretty interesting. It's kind of like Buffy the Vampire Slayer (also a favorite superhero), but not. And I can't forget Xena: Warrior Princess.

12. Your views about veganism.

A. I don't have any. To each her own.

13. If you could be anything else in the world, what would you be?

A. A sequoia tree.

14. How did you parents meet?

A. Catching nightcrawlers under the mulberry tree in my grandparents backyard.

15. Your morning routine.

A. I get up, make a cup of tea, and stupidly read the news. I need to stop doing that because these days that's a guaranteed way to either become incredibly anxious, pissed, or depressed.

________________
I encourage you to visit other participants in Sunday Stealing posts and leave a comment. Cheers to all us thieves who love memes, however we come by them.

6 comments:

  1. Diane Sawyer is one of the old school journalists I always admired. It makes me sad that we've pretty much hit the end of that era of reporting.
    Ha! Your parents met digging worms...that is a great story!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed all of your answers today.
    Have a great Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. #15 - The news is very depressing at the moment sadly.

    :o)

    Cheers

    PM

    ReplyDelete
  4. I start the day *watching* the news, which is just as bad, or maybe worse.

    I love your answer about covid vaccine...and what an interesting idea, being a tree. They're more or less indestructible, so you'd live a long, long time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ha, #13 and 14! I almost put Hillary and Oprah... yes... strong women who overcame so much and both try still to do good things for humanity.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Captain Marvel is pretty cool. I'd stopped reading comics by the time she was introduced so had no idea who she was until the recent movie. I didn't think I would like her. I can be so close-minded. :-)
    A sequoia tree! I love that.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.