Saturday, August 01, 2020

Saturday 9: Moonlighting

 
Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it

1) Moonlighting was an award-winning comedy-drama that ran from 1985 to 1989. Are you familiar with the show? Were you a fan?

A. I've heard of it but I don't believe I ever watched it. In 1985, we could only get two channels and Moonlighting was on the one we could not receive.

2) The series revolved around The Blue Moon Detective Agency in Los Angeles. There have been countless TV shows and movies about detectives and their cases, yet Crazy Sam doesn't know anyone who has ever hired a private investigator. How about you? Have you ever had anything or anyone investigated?

A. I worked for a law firm that sometimes hired private investigators for litigation cases, particularly divorces and work-related injuries where someone claimed disability but there was suspicion the person was not actually disabled. I always felt like those cases were a bit dishonest - just because someone is having a good day and decides to mow the yard doesn't mean that tomorrow she didn't spend the next day in bed paying for it.

3) The agency was named Blue Moon because one of the owners, Maddie Hayes, was a model known as The Blue Moon Girl, famous for promoting Blue Moon Shampoo. If we were to rename their detective agency based on the shampoo you most recently used, what would it be called?

A. Free and Gentle Detective Agency.

4) Cybill Shepherd played Maddie Hayes. Cybill believes we can all find romance many times and said she considers the concept of one true love as "dramatic treacle." Do you agree?

A. I think love comes in many forms, and it evolves as one ages. You can love the same person a million different ways. Or a million different people in one way.

5) David Addison was played by Bruce Willis. At the beginning of his career he couldn't support himself as a actor and held down part-time jobs as a security guard, shuttle bus driver and bartender. How many different occupations have you had?

A. Farm daughter, babysitter, file clerk, secretary, legal assistant, paralegal, journalist, freelance writer, adjunct teacher, wife. Not necessarily in that order. 

6) The Moonlighting theme was co-written and performed by Al Jarreau. While in college, Al planned on being a career counselor. Yet once he began performing with a jazz trio, he knew that music was where his heart was. Tell us about a time you found joy from an unexpected source.

A. I have been surprised at how much I enjoy digital photography.

7) Moonlighting was created by Glenn Gordon Caron. ABC gave him the opportunity based on his work on Remington Steele and Taxi. Of these three shows -- Moonlighting, Remington Steele and Taxi -- which would you prefer to binge watch?

A. I've never seen any of them, but I will go with Remington Steele.
 
8) In 1985, the year Moonlighting premiered, Coca Cola introduced The New Coke. It was not successful and disappeared from store shelves quickly. What's the most recent beverage you drank?

A. Does tea count? If not, then it would have been a root beer at least a year ago or longer.

9) Random question  -- Each day, do you put more time into improving your mind or your appearance?

A. I read all the time, newspapers from everywhere, so I would guess my mind. My efforts at my appearance have become nonexistent, aside from clothing. I don't go anywhere and when I do I have on a mask, so there isn't much point in putting on loads of make-up. 

______________
I encourage you to visit other participants in Saturday 9 posts and leave a comment. Because there are no rules, it is your choice. Saturday 9 players hate rules. We love memes, however.

6 comments:

  1. #2 I know somebody who is supposed to be disable but they post on Facebook them water and snow skiing, and hiking in the white mountains.
    #6 Digital photography... I can get lost in it and shut out all stuff going on in the world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd like to learn more about digital photography.

    ReplyDelete
  3. #2 I’m an insurance defense attorney. If you tell me under oath that you can barely walk, but you’ve got photos on your Facebook showing you running, dancing, etc., I am not going to be happy. We use surveillance only when we suspect exaggerated claims or outright fraud.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I liked your answer to #4. I don't do as much with digital photography as I used to, but I do like playing around with PhotoShop.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always enjoy not having to wear make-up. I don't have to wear make-up to the school, but I feel more put together if I do.
    I finally got to read a Kristen Hannah book...you recommended her books last summer when I started reading. I read Fly Away. I know I should have read Firefly Lane first, but it just worked out that way. It was wonderful. She is a good writer. Thank-you for the recommendation! I loved your answers! Have a great weekend.

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hmmm...Free and Gentle doesn't exactly inspire confidence in a detective. LOL

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.