Thursday, June 04, 2020

Thursday Thirteen

I'm still collecting pandemic memes. I think they are insightful commentary on the wit of humanity and a good way to show the times we are living in. I collected these before the latest round of protests about the inhumane treatment of a man by a police officer. Previously, people were protesting because they wanted to open the country up and not wear a mask. The first round of protestors carried guns to state capitols, threatened governors, and weren't arrested. The second round of protestors took to the streets, and some looters and others who want to take advantage of the atmosphere showed up to cause havoc. As a result, the second round of protestors have been met with the military police and the jackboots. It might also have something to do with the fact that the first round of protestors were mostly white and the second round of protestors have been black and white. That would be too obvious though, wouldn't it?

Been a lot of protesting going on, anyway. But as a reminder, here are 13 memes that took place earlier during the continuing Covid-45 crisis.























______________
Thursday Thirteen is played by lots of people; there is a list here if you want to read other Thursday Thirteens and/or play along. I've been playing for a while and this is my 658th time to do a list of 13 on a Thursday. Or so sayth the Blogger counter, anyway.

9 comments:

  1. I think I like the God Polio and the Church the best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. strange time in history so blessed to have a strong belief and respect system

    ReplyDelete
  3. Truth after truth after truth. Thanks. I esp loved the Gilligan's Island reference!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the Church reference the best.
    Thanks for sharing and have a great Thursday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi,
    The one about the elderly really struck me...my father was one
    of those that went to war...he came back but never talked
    about what happened there...Thanks for sharing...have a
    great day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that Gillgian one. I hate that they put anti-vaxers in the list and even have a name for those that question the amount of vaccines given now and suspect that some kids might react to the combination Makes it so you can't even ask the question even though a large number of parents say
    a loss of developmental milestones were lost in their kids right after a vaccine. Who pays for the studies?

    ReplyDelete
  7. yea! clapping! Woohoo! Great list, thank you so much. I feel a bit less surrounded by idiots. I wanted to make a poster that said, your gun won't save you from corona virus, but a mask might...
    LeeAnna

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm enjoying these memes. The funny ones decrease boredom. The others help alleviate your annoyance and anxiety at law and rule breakers, those not helping the situation; contributing to making things worse.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your collection totally covers how I feel. I don't know why I am amazed that in my community the first protestors are complaining about the second protestors getting their way to gather while they can't go to church, the gym, and the nail salon.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.