Friday, June 05, 2020

Happy Birthday to My Brother

Today is my brother's birthday. It's not a significant number, it's one of those in-betweens. He is turning 54 years old. Yikes.

My brother is an interesting man. He's turned into a good brother as time has passed. He has been there for me during some of my worst "adventures" - including the time my husband put his hand in the hay baler, and he was helpful back in November/December when my husband had his ankle surgery.

It is good to know there is someone in your life you can count on when the times are tough and the chips are down.

He lives six miles or so from me, at the foot of the mountain. He's a little more rural than I am, now, as the area growth has begun to creep out this way. It will be a while before he will be bothered. Heck, he doesn't even have internet service except via satellite or something.

My brother has two children and a stepson, and he takes very good care of all of his family. He likes to hunt and fish and enjoys the outdoors. He is into fantasy and shares with me a love of the Lord of the Rings and Games of Thrones. He likes Wonder Woman, too. He has a very good singing voice - much better than mine - and he likes to dance.

He is the president of a company in SE Roanoke that employees just under 100 people, I think. I'm not quite sure of the number of employees. The company was started by my father and my brother has worked there all of his adult life. He went into the business right out of high school. He is very good at what he does.

So happy birthday to my favorite brother! (Or as he reminded me this morning, my only brother.)

I was going to steal photos off his FB page but he's deactivated his account. He is not much on celebrating things so I guess he didn't want all those "happy birthday" wishes from his many friends. (Maybe he doesn't know you can cut that particular feature off and no one will know when it's your birthday.)


My brother as a baby with big sister.


Just the two of us.

A Christmas photo. Maybe when he was two?
Another holiday memory, a little older now. Six or so?

A school picture.

A birthday long, long ago.

High school senior photo




2016. This seems to be the latest photo I have on my hard drive.

1 comment:

  1. Lovely tribute to your brother. I love seeing family photos! How darling is your smile on that second photo!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.