Saturday, June 13, 2020

Saturday 9: The Rain


Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

1) The Cowsills were a family band who had three hit singles. Can you name another group of popular singing siblings?

A. The Osmonds. The Jacksons. The Carpenters.

2) This was their first hit, and it reached #2 on the Billboard charts. It was kept out of the #1 slot by the Monkees and "Daydream Believer." What's your favorite Monkees song?

A. Last Train to Clarksville.

3) After seeing the Cowsill brothers perform with their mother and sister, TV producers were inspired to create the sitcom, The Partridge Family. Did you ever watch it?

A. Of course I watched it. I was in love with David Cassidy just like all the girls my age. He was so hot with that shag haircut and those hippy pants.

4) In the song, the narrator takes a flower from a girl in the park. Are there flowers in your home right now?

A. No. I am allergic to flowers. There are artificial flowers but I don't think that is what the question is asking.

5) He isn't sure if the girl was real, or if he dreamed her. Tell us about a recent dream you had.

A. I dreamed I was lured to a cave in which there was an invisible man who played the guitar, and there was a bed with a golden blanket to sleep in. Animals came there and would talk to you. A deer with a small set of horns came and said his name was Joshua. I told him to not grow his horns large so he wouldn't be shot. For some reason I kept thinking of the Lothlorien Flute. (I don't even know what that is.)

6) At the height of the Cowsills' popularity, they were hired by the American Dairy Association to promote drinking milk. If we were to peek into your refrigerator right now, would we find any milk?

A. Yes.

7) After the band stopped performing together, John Cowsill went on to become a back up musician for the Beach Boys. His job has kept him on the road much of the time. When you travel, do you enjoy staying in hotels, or would you rather stay with friends/family?

A. We always stay in hotels. We prefer not to infringe upon our family. After three days, guests start to be like dead fish - you really want them gone.

8)  In 1967, the year this song was popular, Elvis married Priscilla in Las Vegas. Have you attended any weddings yet this year? Are there any weddings in your future?

A. Not that I am aware of.

9) Random question: Are the bottoms of your feet ticklish?

A. Not really. My husband's are, though.

______________
I encourage you to visit other participants in Saturday 9 posts and leave a comment. Because there are no rules, it is your choice. Saturday 9 players hate rules. We love memes, however.

14 comments:

  1. Oh, I want to go to your dreamscape! If only animals could tell us what they're thinking, why that would be heaven. Great point about house guests … I agree!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The thing I remember best about David Cassidy (DC, as my classmates called him) was his puka shell necklaces. I was a Bobby Sherman girl, myself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoa...you are quite the vivid dreamer! I rarely remember mine and when I do they are pretty dumb and boring.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't often remember my dreams. I wish I could because maybe they'd be as cool as yours is!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is quite a dream! That is one I would want to see how things turn out in the end. I always get mad when I wake up from my dream and it has not finished (they never do). I love it. Loved your answers! Have a nice weekend.

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your dream might make a good story book! David Cassidy was so good looking. Sad to see him pass away.

    ReplyDelete
  7. #2, me too! I can just hear it in my mind now reading that... yes to David cassidy. I would have been taller and heavier than him, but who cared?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't believe that I didn't think of The Carpenters. Since retiring I add songs and work on my library. I added a ton of Carpenters just a month ago!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was trying to remember the Carpenters--I knew who they were but couldn't remember their name.

    You have amazing dreams. I never have dreams like that.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Now that is a fascinating dream! It would either be interesting, entertaining or frightening to have it analyzed. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like you dream a lot like I do! Very vivid, very realistic-seeming, so that when I, at least, wake up, I'm a bit confused and disoriented about what's dream and what's real. Does that happen to you? I looked up that flute, btw; related to Lord of the Rings. Are you a fan?

    And are you allergic to ALL flowers? If so, that sucks!! Also, my mother-in-law used to say that same thing about fish and company. haha. I hadn't heard that in several years. ♥ ~M

    ReplyDelete
  12. You get the prize for the coolest dream ever. LOVE it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I liked your dream. I am lucky to have interesting dreams with color, sound and sometimes a real meaning. Dead fish! Haha. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. That dream sounded crazy! I wish animals could talk.

    ReplyDelete