Saturday, May 09, 2020

Saturday 9: I'll Always Love My Mama

Saturday 9: I'll Always Love My Mama (1973)

Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

1) This week's featured artists, The Intruders, sing that they don't know how their mama made it through the week without ever getting a good night's sleep. How did you sleep last night?

A. I slept well. The house was chilly so it was a good night to be snuggled down under the covers.

2) The Intruders performed this song on Soul Train, a syndicated show that ran for more than 3 decades. What show do you try never to miss?

A. Supergirl. At the moment there isn't much on that catches my attention.

3) On Soul Train, the Intruders wore solid black shirts beneath their brightly colored jackets. Black, white, khaki, navy and gray are considered neutral colors, because they go with everything. If we were to check your closet, which would we find you wear most often: black, white, khaki, navy or gray?

A. Navy and black would probably be a tie.

4) Especially for Mother's Day: Access Hollywood named Carol Brady of The Brady Bunch TV's #1 mom. Who is your favorite TV mom?

A. Shirley Partridge. Sorry Carol.

5) Mother Winters always gave Sam peppermint tea to calm her stomach. Do you have any tried-and-true home remedies to share?

A. Zinc for colds, ice for inflammation. That's about it.

6) Sam's mother always tips 15% in restaurants. Sam has worked in food service and is more judgmental, tipping between 10% and 25%, depending on the quality of the service. What's your tipping policy? Are you more like Sam or her mother? How do you handle tips for carry out or delivery during this Covid-19 crisis?

A. I am more like her mother, only I usually tip 20%. The service has to be very bad for me to leave less. We left tips on the online ordering form when we ordered out, or we have given people say, $25 cash for a $20 order and told them to keep the change.

7) When the tip of her shoelace becomes frayed, Sam's mother snips off the end and then paints the tip with clear nail polish. Good as new! Sam thinks that's crazy because you can just buy new laces for less than $2. Are you more frugal like mother or spendthrift like daughter?

A. I am a frugal person, although I don't go as far as putting clear nail polish on my shoelaces.

8) Mother Winters loves how French vanilla smells and burns her Yankee Candles all year around. Do you use scented candles or air fresheners?

A. I do not. I'm allergic to fragrances.

9) Sam is celebrating Mother's Day with her mother's favorite, Hershey Bars. Would you prefer classic milk chocolate, dark chocolate or chocolate with almonds?
A. Classic milk chocolate, please.

______________
I encourage you to visit other participants in Saturday 9 posts and leave a comment. Because there are no rules, it is your choice. Saturday 9 players hate rules. We love memes, however.

10 comments:

  1. I can't handle fragrances either. I sleep better when it is cold too. Oh I forgot to put zinc too. I remember putting clear nail polish on if the laces were still clean. But only for my play tennis shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you on TV shows...nothing much seems to capture my attention right now. I guess that's why I'm currently binge watching In the Heat of the Night. I watched it when it was on, but it never really seemed to be in reruns so it's all new again. I am amazed at the tough topics they touched on in episode after episode. I don't remember that about it. It's interesting to see what is still a hot button topic 30 years later and how our attitudes have or haven't changed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No candles for me, either. Although the reason is the cats. I'm pretty sure there would be singed whiskers around here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. we are very alike. My favorite tv mom was Donna Reed... a bit cheeky, a bit naughty, a bit funny, very smart and not afraid to speak her mind. LeeAnna

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another Shirley Partridge fan here...

    ReplyDelete
  6. You can't go wrong with classic milk chocolate. Yum! Loved your answers! Have a nice weekend!

    http://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I forgot about Shirley Partridge, another great mom. And yes, I want my appliances to last like my Mom's did. I still have her blender which she had way back in the 60's! Works great too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I, too, forgot about Shirley Partridge. That would have been a good answer.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I liked Shirley Partridge, too, but went with Mrs. Cunningham.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.