Saturday, January 04, 2020

Saturday 9: Keep Me Warm

Saturday 9: Keep Me Warm (2014)

Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

Here's our first Saturday 9 of 2020!

1) Are you feeling warm and cozy as you answer these questions?

A. Not particularly. It's damp outside from rain and we tend to keep the house cool. The electric bill is high enough as it is.

2) This time of year is important to college football fans. Are you watching/have you watched any of the Bowl games this year?

A. I watched part of the game with the University of Virginia in it. I went to bed at half-time; it was obvious Virginia was not going to win.

3) Crazy Sam's been cold/flu free so far this winter and credits the Echinacea she takes every morning. Her brother insists she's wasting her money. Do you take any herbal supplements?

A. I take a lot of vitamins, especially B vitamins, but not herbal supplements at the moment. At one time I was drinking tea given to me by an acupuncturist that was an herbal concoction; it tasted like dirt but it seemed to help.

4) In the video for this song, Erin Bowman is singing in front of lights and ornaments. Are you sorry to see the decorations slowly disappear? Or do you think they should all come down right away?

A. We always get ours down as quickly as possible, but usually wait until after New Year's Day. They are down now.

5) She sings about socks, a scarf and a sweater. Tell us about your favorite sweater.

A. I don't have a favorite sweater. I have a favorite wrap thingy, but it's a jacket, not a sweater. I call it my "blue thing" although I now own it in about 5 different colors. It looks like this.

6) Erin credits her 8th grade choir teacher for believing in her and giving her a solo. That helped give her the confidence to go into performing professionally. When you were in 8th grade, did you know what you wanted to be when you grew up?

A. I have always wanted to be a writer, for as long as I can remember. Of course, I also wanted to be an archeologist or a geologist or a college professor, but even that involved writing. I'd still like to just be a hack, writing ghost books for a series.

7) This song has been used in commercials for McDonald's and Turner Classic Movies. What commercial have you seen recently? Was it on TV or online?

A. The only one that comes to mine is the one with the couple about Verizon. The guy comes in and sings to his wife, "I just got a phone for free, fa la la la la la la la. With no activation fees, fa la la la la la la." They're like a Hallmark Christmas movie couple trapped in a commercial.

8) In 2014, when this song was first released, we lost both Joan Rivers and Robin Williams. What comedian always makes you laugh?

A. George Carlin.

9) Random question -- There are two performers in the trapeze act: the one who flies through the air and the one who catches the flier. Which would you rather be?

A. Oh, let's be brave and fly through the air with the greatest of ease. And while we're at it, let's shoot me out of a cannon, too. May as well go for broke.

______________
I encourage you to visit other participants in Saturday 9 posts and leave a comment. Because there are no rules, it is your choice. Saturday 9 players hate rules. We love memes, however.

6 comments:

  1. That blue thing looks very flexible and useful. I can see how it became your wardrobe staple.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think our delights in comedy shift with age.. I loved George Carlin in the 60's with his Hippy Dippy personas, but then he went a bit raunchy for my tastes. That happens with so many it seems.. I guess they think they must sink low to satisfy our changing culture..

    ReplyDelete
  3. First time for me to participate in Saturday 9 and it was fun.
    Enjoyed your answers and have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember you talking about your blue thing. I like it!
    That is the commercial I mentioned too. "I want every light to glow falalalalalalalalala, maybe after one more show falalalalalalala Oh! Hahahahaha
    Loved your answers! Have a great weekend!

    http://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. George Carlin is my all-time favorite, too! And I love your #9 answer.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha! I own a red thing...though I refer to it as my "grandma jacket." My mom got all of us one for Christmas a couple of years ago. They are very popular attire at the nursing home. lol I like to wear mine at home when I'm sitting around and get a chill.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.