Sunday, January 05, 2020

Sunday Stealing

Sunday Stealing

1. January usually has ample amounts of snowfall in parts of the world. Did you ever make snow cream as a kid?

A. Yes, I think so. But not often.

2. January is one of the months with 31 days. What are you going to do with that extra day?

A. It's not an "extra" day. February 29 is an extra day this year. I will do on January 31 the same thing I do the day before: get up, do laundry, fix meals, do dishes, write something, play guitar, text my friends.

3.  What is your favorite magazine?

A. Reader's Digest. It's currently the only one I read. I used to get piles of them but I read them less and less, so I stopped the subscriptions.

4.  If you live to be 99 years old, what would you like your life to be like in that last decade?


A. I don't expect to live that long, but it would be nice to be healthy in body and mind.

5. The great world of Wikipediatells me that scientists claim 99% of all documented species are extinct. Which remaining species in the 1% category would you really like to see extinct?  And which species in the 99% category would you like to bring back?

A. I don't want to see any species extinct. They are all here for a reason. As for what to bring back - the plant that cures cancer that we have eradicated, whatever that is, would be nice.

6. On January 14, 1986 motorists were required for the first time to wear seat belts. Do you always buckle up? Why or why not?

A. I almost always buckle up. I don't buckle up if I'm driving down to the mailbox or over to my mother-in-law's. (My driveway is 1/4 mile long, and while I can see my mother-in-law's house from mine, it's about a 3/4 mile drive.)

7. Why did the cow jump over the moon?

A. Because it could.

9. Have you said anything in the last 24 hours that you regret?

A. Yes.

10. Have you ever written anything on your blog that you wish you could take back?

A. Probably. This thing has been going on for nearly 14 years, so it would be foolhardy to think I've not written something that I later wished I hadn't.

11. Are you the blabber or the blabbee? Tell us your most embarrassing blabbermouth moment.

A. I'm going to plead the 5th on this one.

12. How important is a cell phone in your life?

A. I make calls on it sometimes. Apple says I use it less than 30 minutes a day, and that's mostly texting. If I'm in a doctor's office or something, I might read on it. I don't consider it anything more than a tool.

13. A "cuisine" is typically influenced by and named after geographical regions and cultures. Pretend your blog is a country. What is the name of your cuisine?


A. Blue Country Magic Spaghetti.

14. You are the Blog Paparazzi! Which blogger's real photograph are you most interested in getting?

A. None. If people want to maintain their anonymity, that is their prerogative.

15. Are you always on time or just a tad late?

A. I'm usually a little early.

16. Can you think of a time when you were late for something and it was REALLY a big deal?

A. Yes, but I was in high school and while it was a big deal at the time, it in no way matters at this moment.

17. If you were on your way to work and had five minutes to get there, would you stop in the road to rescue a crossing turtle?

A. Yes.

18. When you are having a really good day, what usually makes it good?

A. I don't feel bad physically, the sun is shining, I have good music playing, and the writing is going well.

19. What is the most annoying Christmas song?

A. None of them are annoying unless it is played a lot.

20. You are Snow White. Which dwarf is your favorite and why?

A. I shall say Grumpy, because I suspect Grumpy and I would understand one another and respect each other's personal space.

__________
I encourage you to visit other participants in Sunday Stealing posts and leave a comment. Cheers to all us thieves who love memes, however we come by them.

6 comments:

  1. I have officially decided to keep the turtle with me!!!

    I love all of your answers xoxo
    HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

    https://wordpress.com/stats/day/500words500days.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. You and I both nailed #18 almost exactly. It must be the good ole south Shenandoah air!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to read Readers Digest magazine way back in the 70s and 80's (my dad subscribed to it).

    :o)

    Cheers

    PM

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am with you on 18,,, feeling good. What a difference it makes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So far, you're the only one I've seen today eager to show Grumpy love and support. I'm glad he's represented, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Blue Country Magic Spaghetti sounds like something from the 60's...like Yellow Submarine, Mello Yellow...just kinda trippy. ;)

    I try to be careful of what I hit publish on these days. It bugs me, but it's not worth losing family or friends over.

    ReplyDelete