Thursday, November 21, 2019

Thursday Thirteen

Thirteen random thoughts from a book called Shift Your Thinking, by Dean Del Sesto.

1. Wisdom is saying enough to prove your point, not your existence.

2. Stress is a choice. (Really?)

3. The thirst for knowledge is a good thing until it starves life.

4. Trying to quit something before you have something else to replace it with is futile.

5. Matters left incomplete leave you and others feeling incomplete.

6. Do you have integrity, or selective virtue?

7. Encouragement has the unique ability to improve everything in a matter of seconds.

8. Move at the pace of appreciation.

9. Life gets really interesting when the acronyms are after you!

10. Let's not kid ourselves . . . the skeletons in our closets have a heartbeat . . . ours!

11. To be anxious is to wait longer.

12. Don't confuse being a visionary with the ability to bring forth a vision.

13. We fear what we're unwilling to manage.

What do you think? Are these true, false, or somewhere in between?

_______________
Thursday Thirteen is played by lots of people; there is a list here if you want to read other Thursday Thirteens and/or play along. I've been playing for a while and this is my 631st time to do a list of 13 on a Thursday. Or so sayth the Blogger counter, anyway.

5 comments:

  1. #1 reminds me of the Apache feelings on over speaking that I posted. I enjoyed these thoughts because they were unique and they gave me something to think about.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with a few, disagree with a few, and think he's just trying to sound profound to us on a few of them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty cool list. I agree with them for the most part, though they seem a little pat. Life is never that simple.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am Agog. 😮😁.
    Hmmm. Stress is a choice?
    And fearing what we are unwilling to manage? That seems like another version of “blame the victim”. Still, a very interest list.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, all from one book, huh. I wonder if there's any correlation to choosing no stress and being a good member of a herd. I'm completely on board with sentiment #7, as long as it's sincere.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.