Tuesday, November 19, 2019

The Promise of a Rainbow

Yesterday on the way home, after spending a rainy day in the city, the sky cleared and a rainbow appeared.




The rainbow and landscape was prettier a ways back down the road, but my husband, even after all these years, has yet to figure out that, "I want to take a picture of that," means, "Stop the car," until I actually say to him, "Stop the car!"  By then it is usually too late. (If I just say, "Stop the car," he panics and thinks something is wrong, so I cannot win this one.)

Oh well.

Yesterday we spent most of the afternoon at the Breast Care Center. I had a call back on a mammogram and this was the date they scheduled for the two-hour re-do and sonogram. Turns out I have cysts, so nothing to worry about, but it was not exactly how I wanted to spend my 36th wedding anniversary.

We went to lunch before the exam visit, so we did not go out to dinner.

Consider this a reminder to do your self-exam checks and your check-ups and all of that stuff that women (and men) need to do to stay healthy. You just never know what really is at the end of that rainbow.

4 comments:

  1. From a man's mind............ "I want to take a picture of that". In my mind I think, Ok take a picture. Nothing was said about stopping. If I heard, "I want to take a picture of that rainbow, please stop the car so I can." Then it's immediate brake check!! Lol!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful rainbow !!!!!
    I would of probably yelled at Loren too and be would of been like “what’s wrong ?” !!!! Glad you were able to capture that beautiful rainbow 🌈 I
    I’m glad it was nothing more than a cyst !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Anniversary!! Glad the news from the Breast Care Center was good!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.