Monday, November 18, 2019

36 Years

Today is my anniversary. We've been married for 36 years.

That's a very long time.

We have grown old together, though it doesn't seem like 36 years. That's a lot of time together and adventures with one another.


Here we are a couple of years ago. Actually I think almost 9 years ago, now. Sheesh.


Here we were 36 years ago. Yes, I would say we have aged. Oh my. (I have always liked his smile in this picture. He looks like the cat who ate the canary.)

Big events? Building a house. Multiple surgeries for me. My mother's death, his father's passing. The birth of nephews and a niece. Promotions for him, college degrees for me. His hand getting caught in the hay baler tends to stand out as a an unforgettable moment. Vacations in Myrtle Beach (most of them), Pigeon Forge, the Poconos, Charlottesville, Virginia Beach, Williamsburg.

The stuff of lives.

We've done all right.

6 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary!!! May you have many more wonderful adventures together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your anniversary! I had no idea we got married exactly one year and one day apart. I pray the two of you are blessed with many more healthy, happy, years ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cheers to you and your Husband! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Anniversary ❤️ Sorry I missed wishing you all on your actual day !

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.