Saturday, September 07, 2019

Saturday 9: Sweet Escape

The Sweet Escape (2006)

Unfamiliar with this week's song? Hear it here.

1) This song begins with, "First of all, let me say I must apologize . . . " Who most recently apologized to you?

A. No one that I can think of. Usually I apologize. I apologize for everything. Breathing. Moving. Making eye contact. Clearing my throat. Coughing. Being alive.

2) Gwen Stefani sings that she acted like "sour milk on the floor." Is there milk in your refrigerator right now? What about non-dairy creamer?

A. No milk. No creamer. Just yogurt.

3) In the video, Gwen wears several different pairs of stiletto heels. What are you wearing on your feet as you answer these questions?

A. Sneakers.

4) Mrs. Stefani named her daughter "Gwen" after a stewardess in the book/movie Airport. Who was your favorite character in the book you just read, or movie you most recently watched?

A. The last movie I watched was The Hunger Games. I guess Katniss was my favorite, though I liked Rue, too.

5) Gwen is a distant cousin of Madonna's. Are there any performers in your family?

A. My father plays in a band, still (he's in his 70s). My brother sang in the county choir.

6) In high school, she joined the swim team not because she enjoys swimming but because she wanted to lose weight. Are you doing anything (dieting, participating in an exercise regimen) in order to shed a few pounds?

A. I should be, but I'm not.

7) Before she became successful, Gwen worked at the makeup counter in a department store. What was the last thing you purchased? Did you buy it online or at a store?

A. The last thing I bought was a filter for the air purifier, and I bought it online.

8) Gwen has gotten a great deal of publicity for her romance with country star, Blake Shelton. What's your favorite Blake Shelton song?

A. I don't even know who Blake Shelton is.

9) Random question: Which of these compliments would make you the happiest -- to be called fascinating, or brilliant, or gorgeous?

A. Either fascinating or brilliant. I don't care a whit about being gorgeous.

___________

I encourage you to visit other participants in Saturday 9 posts and leave a comment. Because there are no rules, it is your choice. Saturday 9 players hate rules. We love memes, however.

8 comments:

  1. I love that your dad is still playing in a band! It's inspiring to see seniors who remain active and living full lives...since I spend my days with those who don't or can't. I think having something like your dad's music can make a difference in how the senior years go.

    I doubt you have need to apologize that much. You always seem to think and reason things out very well before speaking or writing. Take it easier on yourself. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. "brilliant" makes me feel guilty--like I should be doing things smarter. Fascinating, however, is just being "me"

    ReplyDelete
  3. #8 made me smile because I know Blake Shelton from magazine covers as I check out of the grocery store, and from researching him for a Saturday 9 we did a few years ago. I wouldn't recognize his voice or any of his songs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Blake. You know, Blake. That Shelton boy.

    Yeah, I didn't know him either.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Im with you, it's like Blake, Blake who? Country music is not my forte! Enjoyed your answers.. have a lovely weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think "I should be, but I'm not" is a common theme here this morning

    ReplyDelete
  7. I feel like I apologize all over the place too.
    I do find you fascinating! I think it is fascinating that you are a writer. I think that is so neat. I think you are brilliant for being able to do so! You go girl. You ARE gorgeous though, even if you do not care if you are. I think we women are so hard on ourselves. Loved your answers! Have a nice weekend!

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know who Blake Shelton is but I don't know any of his songs.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.