Thursday, September 05, 2019

Thursday Thirteen

1. Many months have passed since I found myself have trouble making up a Thursday 13, but this morning my mind is mud.

2. Mondays are frequently difficult days but Thursdays generally are not, so I'm not sure where my brains are today. Well, I know, really. They're everywhere but here.

3. Monkeys are much like people, it seems. I've been watching Serengeti on Discover and they've had some very intriguing footage of baboons, which are not monkeys, but close enough.

4. Memories are things that make us who we are.

5. Muddled memories make for muddled people, I suppose.

6. My husband is mowing.

7. Microsoft is not making me happy these days. Windows 10 updates all the time. Get it right the first time, you know?

8. Mountains are my first love where geography is concerned. I love the height, the color, the way they reach up and catch the clouds. My Blue Ridge Mountains bring me joy.

9. Mastering something takes a lot of practice. I don't think I've mastered anything. I consider myself a Jill-of-all-trades sort of girls. From using a machete to growing mustard, I have many skills.

10. Mispronunciations plague me sometimes. I am supposed to be intelligent but I also frequently come up with my own forms of malapropisms. Usually I don't mean to it.

11. Meteorologists have hard jobs. Everyone expects the weather people to get it right but weather forecasting is not an exact science. (Actually, I'm not sure anything is an exact science. What do you think?)

12. Miniature items have always fascinated me. I once had a dollhouse that I wanted to fill with miniature furniture, etc., but like I do with many things, my interest waned and eventually the dollhouse was sold at a yard sale.

13. Millions of dollars in homes and infrastructure are being pulverized by Hurricane Dorian as I write this. Weather like that is a good reason not to live along the coast.

This Thursday 13 brought to you by the letter M.

_________________
Thursday Thirteen is played by lots of people; there is a list here if you want to read other Thursday Thirteens and/or play along. I've been playing for a while and this is my 619th time to do a list of 13 on a Thursday. Or so sayth the Blogger counter, anyway.

3 comments:

  1. yes not mendacious at all but marvelous

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got to #4 before I noticed the M theme! Mama mia!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I reached #7 before I caught the M theme. I suppose I could call myself a Jill-of-all-Trades, too. I can do a bunch of different stuff good enough. Maybe that's why we both pursued writing for a living. I think of meteorology as a science and weather forecasting as an analytical practice that takes into consideration the science of changing weather. Neither that the guy in the WH can do. Bleak.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.