Saturday, June 29, 2019

Saturday 9

Saturday 9: Ooh La La (2013)

Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

1) "Ooh la la" is defined as an interjection said when you think someone or something is "surprising, unusual or attractive." Looking back over this week, did you come across anything that deserves an "ooh la la?"

A. I have a new great niece. She's three days old and beautiful and I would give her an "ooh la la."

2) In this song, Britney Spears sings that she's eager to accompany you, even if you're not a millionaire. But let's say you suddenly become really rich. What's the first leisure trip you would take with your new funds? Who would you bring along?

A. I would bring along a personal attendant to take care of all the details, for one thing, like hauling my suitcases and fetching cars and such. I would take along my husband, of course. Maybe my brother if he wants to go, and a couple of friends if they'd like to tag along. We would go to New Zealand.

3) Britney is eager to dance with you, even if you don't wear designer clothes. Let's say you need to add a blouse (or shirt) to your wardrobe. Where's your go-to for clothes shopping?

A. It used to be J.C. Penney. Now it's pretty much "wear whatever you can manage" because I have a hard time finding clothes that fit. I did manage to find some pants at Hamrick's about a month ago. Maybe I'll go back there.

4) The video begins with Britney at the movies with her two young sons. Will you be seeing any family members this weekend?

A. I was just diagnosed with an ear infection and probably strep throat, so aside from my husband, I suspect I will be keeping my own company.

5) This is a theme from the movie Smurfs 2. A Smurf is a little blue creature who lives in a mushroom-shaped house in the forest. Assuming that your home is not shaped like a mushroom and isn't in the forest, how would you describe your abode? (Mansion, ranch house, farm house, high-rise, igloo …)

A. It's a small L-shaped ranch house.

6) Britney admits to smoking and biting her nails. What bad habit do you wish you could break?

A. I bite my nails, too. That would be a good habit to break. I'd also like to have better eating habits.

7) In 2013, when this song was popular, Pope Benedict resigned. Thinking over your working life, have you been more nervous on your first day of a job, or the last one?

A. Usually the first one. You don't know anybody, and you're not sure what you're in for. By the time you roll around to the last day you're usually ready to leave anyway.

8) Also in 2013, golfer Phil Mickelson won the British Open. When did you most recently golf?

A. I guess I went to a putt-putt course at some point in the last 20 years.

9) Random question -- On what part of your body was the last itch you scratched?

A. Boy, that could be a loaded question. Ha. But in my case it was my leg. I have a funky growth on my shin that I'm going to see about in a few weeks. Sometimes it itches.

___________

I encourage you to visit other participants in Saturday 9 posts and leave a comment. Because there are no rules, it is your choice. Saturday 9 players hate rules. We love memes, however.

12 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your new great niece! So nice to welcome a new one to the family, isn't it? I like the idea of taking someone along to handle all the schlepping and details on a trip. I hope you get lots of rest this weekend and feel better quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was looking for a new pocketbook and all the big box stores carried the same lines, I finally found a pocketbook at a leather craft place in Northampton MA. It was on the expensive side but it was all local.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a perfect ooh la la.... a newborn baby!! Have a great Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yes! A baby definitely ranks an ooh la la! Wish we had another one coming, but alas … the kids are done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A new baby in the family! Now that is always special. I also said the first day of a job. Yup, by the time you have been there a while, you are usually ready to hit the road!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Babies are such a delight! :D
    I think I'm the only non-nail biter in the gang!

    ReplyDelete
  7. There is no better Oo-la-la than a baby!

    JC Penney now makes me sad. It's in the mall of my youth, and it's always empty. You could bowl down the aisles. Sears is faring better because people still go there for paint and appliances. But poor Penney's.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How nice to have a new baby in the family.
    As you knew I was going to says Africa, I knew you were going to say New Zealand!
    Kwizgiver is not the only non-nail biter in the gang, It's ONE vice I never had (I was a thumb sucker instead)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I actually said oo-la-la the last time I dressed in a dress, about a week ago. Since I’ve lost close to 70 lbs I thought I deserved it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations on the new baby in the family! They are such blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  11. #3 is so me too! JCPenny has been disappointing to me lately. I used to shop there a lot too. I am getting ready to have to buy a dress or dressy outfit for my nephew's wedding and I am dreading it. Loved your answers! Have a nice weekend.

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good idea to get tht shin checked... it could be anything!! If it is a dry patch that itches and flakes off and comes back it sounds like skin cancer... so don't put it off.. So sorry about your strep, etc.. resst and get well! Not fun to be sick in this heat... I cant seem to shake this sinus infection!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.