Sunday, June 30, 2019

Sunday Stealing

Sunday Stealing

1. A song that gives you goosebumps.

A. Longer, by Dan Folgerberg, because my brother sang it at my wedding.

2. A song you hated once but now love.

A. That's How I Got to Memphis.

3. Do you remember your first CD?

A. It was probably a Melissa Etheridge CD.

4. Has your music taste changed much since childhood?

A. My parents listened mostly to country songs; once I hit adolescence it was bye-bye country, hello pop and Adult Top 40, and that's still what I listen to. Mostly.

5. Favorite genre?

A. Adult Contemporary, 1970s.

6. What’s a genre or style of music that you just don’t understand?

A. I literally cannot understand most of the words in a rap song. I think my ears listen to slowly.

7. Do you have a process for listening to music, such as listening to the instruments more than words?

A. No, I take in the whole thing at once, usually, unless I am trying to learn to play it on the guitar. Then I usually learn the words and melody first, then the chords.

8. What’s your favorite thing about your favorite song?

A. I don't really have a favorite song.

9. Do you have a favorite decade for music?

A. The 1970s apparently, as that is the only decade I can do well in when I play Song Quiz on Alexa.

10. Can you play any instruments?

A. I play guitar. At one time I could play many instruments, but that was long ago.

11. Do you remember your first favorite song?

A. Not really, although as I child I really liked Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious.

12. What was the first concert you ever attended?

A. I think my parents took me to a Loretta Lynn concert, or something like that.

__________
I encourage you to visit other participants in Sunday Stealing posts and leave a comment. Cheers to all us thieves who love memes, however we come by them.

7 comments:

  1. Alexa plays music trivia? I'm going to have to check that out. She'll probably faint. lol
    Funny, I was doing a spelling activity with the dementia residents on Friday and one lady was just shooting them off one after the other and we were getting silly as I tried to stump her. I finally asked her to spell Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious. She just looked at me for a minute and then broke out laughing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your brother has a great voice. I have a made up song he sang to me saved on my phone.(Also a funny guy!) Like you not much into rap, but we had fun on band trips rapping “The Devil Went Down to Georgia” ha!ha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That must be it.. I can't stand Rap, but maybe I listen slowly, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't know Alexa played games! (where have I been??) :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I never thought of my ears hearing too slowly, but that's probably why I don't "get" rap either.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I compiled a bunch of songs from the nineteen-sixties for a trivia challenge.

    No one got them right.

    No one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. #4 is me too. I forgot...now that you mention your parents taking you to a concert...my parents took me to Tammy Wynette with them. I also do not like rap. Loved your answers! Have a nice day!

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.