Sunday, May 12, 2019

Sunday Stealing

Sunday Stealing

1. Do you own your things or do your things own you?

A. I own my things. I am attached to some of my things, but there is nothing I could not live without. I might have a bit of addiction to computers but after a few days I'd be over it.

2. Would you rather lose all of your old memories or never be able to make new ones?

A. If you're not making new ones, you're probably dead or comatose, so I guess I will have to go with the first choice.

3. How do you deal with someone in a position of power who wants you to fail?

A. Tell them to kiss my ass (and then vote them out).

4. What do you have that you cannot live without?

A. My husband. I mean, I'm sure I could live without him, but I'd prefer not to. And then there's food and water, kind of life's necessities.

5. When you close your eyes what do you see?

A. Darkness.

6. What sustains you on a daily basis?

A. Chocolate.

7. What are your top five personal values?

A. Be loyal to your friends and family. Believe in yourself. Give and care for others. Stand up for what is right. Knowledge is more valuable than opinion. My tribe deserves my protection and love: if you are in my tribe I will fight for you. (I think that's more than 5.)

8. Why must you love someone enough to let them go?

A. Because if you really love someone, you are not controlling them, you are allowing him or her to grow and be the person he or she wants to be.

9. Do you ever celebrate the green lights?

A. When I hit them right and don't have to sit through the red ones, sure.

10. What personal prisons have you built out of fears?

A. I don't travel much now because of my health. And I haven't written a book.

11. What one thing have you not done that you really want to do?

A. Write a book.

12. Why are you, you?

A. Because I have unique DNA. I am also smart, intuitive, empathetic, and generally kind.

13. If you haven’t achieved it yet what do you have to lose?

A. Nothing except self-worth for not achieving it.

14. What three words would you use to describe the last three months of your life?

A. Exciting, hectic, growth.

15. Is it ever right to do the wrong thing?  Is it ever wrong to do the right thing?

A. Yes to both questions. For example, the law may say "don't swim in the creek" but if someone is drowning you must go in and save them. If the right thing hurts someone else, perhaps it really isn't the right thing. "Right thing" is somewhat subjective.

16. How would you describe ‘freedom’ in your own words?

A. Freedom! Oh freedom. That's just some people talking. Your prison is walking through this world all alone. Oops. Not my words. That's the Eagles. Freedom is the ability to do what you need and want so long as it doesn't hurt anyone else. It's also minding your business, which I wish more people would do, and dealing with your own stuff and not interfering in other people's.

17. What is the most important thing you could do right now in your personal life?

A. Manage my stress.

18. If you could ask one person, alive or dead, only one question, who would you ask and what would you ask?

A. I would ask Thomas Jefferson what the hell the second amendment really means. And then maybe get him to explain his "separation of church and state" comments.

19. If happiness was the national currency, what kind of work would make you rich?

A. Too bad in this country happiness doesn't count for anything. But writing is my work and it makes me happy. Definitely hasn't made me rich but it makes me happy when I am doing it and doing it well.

__________
I encourage you to visit other participants in Sunday Stealing posts and leave a comment. Cheers to all us thieves who love memes, however we come by them.

5 comments:

  1. I agree with you on writing. I love it and don't come close to making minimum wage. I make in a year what MIGHT be minimum wage for a month. But it does make me happy and I'm glad to have someone who is able to support us so I can do it.

    Re memory, it's not that you are comatose or dead. My mother is neither, but yesterday, for example, I gave her a mothers day card. She looked at it, enjoyed it, put it down and literally three minutes later she "found" it and opened it and enjoyed it again as a brand new thing. I don't know what you call that, but it's definitely not comatose. On the other hand, she can't remember anything from the past either and has ZERO acknowledgement that her great grandchldren have any connection to her, which hurts because she was so excited about them and enjoyed them so much before her brain went kaplooie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, boy, I loved your answers, but especially #7. YOU hit the nail right on the head!!! Have a wonderful week ahead!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhhh, #18! You are the second I have read wanted that clarified. Great answer! Loved your answers! Have a great day!

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are all amazingly wise when it comes to love...or we've all been down the road a time or two and had our hearts broken.

    ReplyDelete
  5. If you are happy doing something (work or otherwise) then even if it doesn’t bring material wealth you are very rich. You have found something most don’t, happiness with yourself and usually your life.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.