Sunday, March 03, 2019

Sunday Stealing

*PLEASE NOTE: IF THERE IS A WEIRD PICTURE CAPTCHA THING COMING UP TO ENTER COMMENTS ON MY BLOG, LET ME KNOW. I HAVE SEEN IT SUDDENLY APPEAR ON OTHER BLOGS AND IT IS EXTREMELY IRRITATING AND IF IT IS ON MINE I WANT TO REMOVE IT.*

Sunday Stealing

1. I wish I had enough money to ________.

A. allow my husband to retire tomorrow.

2. If you had to enter a competition for the "Most Uselessly Unique Talent," what would your talent be?

A. I can roll my tongue.

3. When it might hurt their feelings, how do you feel about telling your friends the truth?

A. I try to do it gently. Mostly I don't do it at all unless they're in grave danger. Some things are simply better left unsaid.

4. Peanut or plain?

A. Plain.

5. Is there someone you would like to take your place in life for one day? Who and why?

A. No.

6. Who was your favorite teacher and why?

A. I had several favorite teachers, so I can't pick just one.

7. What do you think is the ugliest thing or event on Earth?

A. Capitalism.

8. What is your least favorite of your personality traits or quirks?

A. I can be a bit snarky.

9. I wish I could see ________ because _________.

A. the year 2525 because I want to know what has happened.

10. Tell us your favorite children's story.

A. Heidi.

11. Explain how to play your favorite game.

A. I don't have a favorite game.

12. What do you keep in the trunk of your car?

A. An emergency kit, a clothes basket, and a cooler. The latter two are for storing groceries so they don't slide all over the trunk of the car.

13. Tell us about your favorite way to get lost in a simple activity — running, chopping vegetables, folding laundry, whatever. What’s it like when you’re in "the zone"?

A. Writing, reading, or playing the guitar. Coloring sometimes.

14. What’s your dream tourist destination — either a place you’ve been and loved, or a place you’d love to visit? What about it speaks to you?

A. New Zealand, it just looks lovely, plus Hobbits.

15. What parts of nature do you like best?

A. The green kinds.

16. What kind of program do you enjoy most on TV--detective shows, comedies, game shows--and why?

A. I like fantasy dramas, like Game of Thrones.

17. Do you know any professional athletes?

A. I don't think so.

18. What will the next must-have technological innovation be? Jetpacks? Hoverboards? Wind-powered calculators?

A. Smart cars, I suppose. I don't want one personally.

19. Have you ever been the victim of a crime?

A. Yes.

20. What if you woke up tomorrow with the ability to understand animals. What do you think you’d hear from them?

A. "Boy, look at the idiot human being there in that house. She stays cooped up in there all the time while we're out here frolicking and eating grass."

21. What is something that makes you melancholy?

A. Long winter days.

__________

I encourage you to visit other participants in
Sunday Stealing posts and leave a comment. Cheers to all us thieves who love memes, however we come by them.

12 comments:

  1. I love to read and color, too! But I think the ugliest thing is gangsta rap songs/videos/attitudes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would have to agree with #21... I am so over winter! Have a great Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your answer to #21 made me melancholy--we're slated to get another 7-10 inches of snow overnight.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with your answer re: capitalism and yet so many think its the greatest thing in the world!
    E Michael Jones calls it state sponsored usury. Heidi was one of my favorites as a kid as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I forgot rolling my tongue. I can do that too. I loved Heidi as well. When we moved here, 80 miles from San Francisco, I used to go to the bathroom to try to see Mt. Diablo, the highest point in the Bay Area, making me feel like I wasn't so far from home. I always felt like Heidi.

    ReplyDelete
  6. "Oh, Grandfather!" I've never read Heidi, but I love the Shirley Temple movie.

    I've heard that tongue rolling is genetic. I can do it, too, so maybe we're distant cousins.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am ready for the sun to come back out. It has been a really cloudy winter. UGH! Loved your answers! Have a nice day!

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I so agree that Capitalism is a global menace. England used it against India and crushed them for more than two centuries. Should be called Vulture Capitalism rather than Venture.
    Ah, wee Heidi, Now I remember reading that book as a kiddie.
    Tongue rolling. Another Me,too. It's got to be the Scot's Irish. ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  9. ♫ ♪ In the year 2525
    If man is still alive ♪
    ♫ If woman can survive
    They may find....

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=izQB2-Kmiic

    ReplyDelete
  10. Touching the base! Number one is so sweet. I would love my husband to retire early as well so we can spend more time as a family. It's so sad that he has to work 6 days a week and I get to only see him leave for work in the morning and sleep at night. I have to work until 11 p.m and by the time I am off for bed he is already sleeping and tired. So sad.

    ReplyDelete
  11. We're having a long winter day here in my neck of the woods. (PA, USA)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Favorite children’s story is “The Velateen Rabbitt”Because if you believe in something hard enough it can come to fruition.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.