Saturday, February 02, 2019

Saturday 9: Backfield

Saturday 9: Backfield in Motion (1969)

Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

1) This week's Saturday 9 has a football theme because there's a big game Sunday. Will you be watching?

A. No, I don't think so.

2) The Super Bowl is the second-largest day for food consumption in the US, second only to Thanksgiving. What's on your menu this weekend?

A. Nothing special, I'm afraid. I'm ill so maybe chicken soup.

3) Super Bowl Sunday is the #1 day for consuming guacamole. When did you most recently eat something with avocado in it?

A. I have no idea.

4) The Pro Football Hall of Fame is in Canton, OH. Have you ever visited Canton, or any other city in Ohio?

A. No, I have not.

5) This song mentions different moves that football players -- and, it seems, girlfriends -- can make that will result in penalties. What's the last rule you broke? What were the consequences?

A. If only I weren't such a good girl, I could have a great answer to this. But I am a good girl. The only time I've ever had a traffic violation was around 1993, when a car stopped in front of me and I rear-ended it. Anything else goes back to when I was a teenager, and that doesn't really count after all these years.

6) In 1969, the year this song was popular, the Colts lost to the New York Jets in Super Bowl III. The game is famous because of all the hype leading up to it, including Joe Namath "guaranteeing" his underdog Jets would win. Tell us about a time when you felt like an underdog.

A. Speed of lightning, roar of thunder! Fighting all who steal and plunder! Underdog! Underdog! Underdog! Ok, now that's out of the way. The last time I felt like an underdog would have been at Christmas.

7) This week's featured duo, Mel and Tim, are cousins from Mississippi. Tell us about one of your cousins.

A. My husband's cousin lives across the street from us (which is really like, a 1/2 mile away). He is a captain in the fire department but on a different shift than my husband. He's a very nice fellow who offers to help my husband on the farm and is good about checking on my mother-in-law occasionally, too.

8) The song is about a man who catches his girl cheating and he just won't put up with it. In romance, do you find it easy to forgive and forget?

A. I've been married for 35 years. You don't do that without forgiving and forgetting.

9) Random question: You've collected a box of gently-used items to donate to a second hand store. What would it be most likely to contain: clothes, housewares, or books/video/music?

A. Clothes.
___________

I encourage you to visit other participants in Saturday 9 posts and leave a comment. Because there are no rules, it is your choice. Saturday 9 players hate rules. We love memes, however.

8 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness.. I was singing the underdog song as I read your comment... what a blast from the past!! I hope you feel better soon! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now you've got me thinking of Sweet Polly Purebred. ;)

    I don't have a cold, but I do have an awful lot of chicken soup in the cupboard. Maybe I should have some tomorrow in solidarity with you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you're feeling better soon!

    I'm going to watch the Puppy Bowl--that's competition for me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was singing along to the Underdog theme. Oh boy!
    I hope your feel better soon! I have a cold, so my head is stopped up again, but I can still eat. Loved your answers! Have a nice weekend!

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. We really were close on #8! I guess being roughly the same age and being married the same number of years has taught us the same lessons.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's funny how many of us, who have been married for a long time, have learned how to get along. I think a lot of it has to do with knowing how to keep the peace.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I forgive much easier than most of my friends. Thanks for the blast from the past ( Underdog) do you know the Mighty Mouse song too? He was my favorite along with Batman and Wonder Woman when I was a wee one. Hope you feel better soon friend. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Forgiving and forgetting, most definitely. Hope you're feeling better.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.