Monday, February 25, 2019

Oops! The Tree Fell Down

My blue spruces, which I planted 30 years ago, have been dying a slow and terrible death for several years now, the result of the non-existent climate change that has brought us drought and then too much water.

The trees developed an incurable fungus. They were beautiful trees but now they are scraggly and ugly. I have been asking my husband to take them down before they fall down.

Last night in high winds, one of them fell.

Poor little blue spruce.

This is its next door neighbor, still standing, but leaning now.

I watched that ground rise up and fall with each gust of wind. I kept waiting for the tree to topple, but it remained upright.

A little further down, this tree fell over and took out the fence.

Lots of trees toppled in this latest high wind.
This is one of the blue spruces before the fungus really took hold. They
were lovely.

5 comments:

  1. I love blue spruce trees! I am surprised any trees are standing with the winds that blew through here on Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No power and didn't sleep!! I like wind in my hair and the feel of it on my face but this was ridiculous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope there was no power outage--and not too much damage!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhhhhh, that's sad. I hope some of them manage to get through this unharmed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so happy to have found your blog! You are blessed to live in such a beautiful area! I am in PA so not too far from your state! I am now following you - you can follow back if you wish at Annster's Domain

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.