Monday, December 24, 2018

Christmas at Dad's

Saturday evening my husband and I had Christmas with my father at his house.

This was the first time I had had what one would call a Christmas over there since 1999, so I guess if you look at it that way it was sort of a big deal. They had been coming to my house for the last few years, but my father broke his foot so I suggested we move things there so he wouldn't have to walk around. Not that he sits still, but I was trying to be kind.

We had a nice visit with my father, his wife Rita, my niece Zoe, and her mother, Dina. Rita served up BBQ and chicken salad along with beans and chips and things. Then we opened presents, and after that my father and I played Christmas music, which Dina taped and posted live on Facebook. I have no idea how to access that so it can be seen, however.

Anyway, here are photos of the present-opening part. I forgot to take pictures of the food.

Rita with Zoe. Zoe turns 17 in January.

Zoe opening up a present. I remember when I had hair that long. Almost the same color, too.

My father.

Zoe again. She's the closest to a child we have in the family now.

My feller looking on at the gift-giving.

Zoe reading a card.

My father again.

My father and Zoe.

My husband opening a gift.

He required a pocket knife, I think.

Rita, my stepmother.

Zoe with Dina, looking on.

Rita with a present from Dina, I think.

Zoe gave Rita an ornament that looked like Zoe's new driver's license.

2 comments:

  1. Nice to have family to share Christmas with. Would love to hear the music, maybe you’ll figure out out to retrieve it sometime. Merry Christmas Anita! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.