Wednesday, August 22, 2018

Still Dealing with the Dishwasher Damage

The insurance company dragged its feet for an entire week, but after an unhappy policy holder turned up at the agency office to complain on Monday, things began moving again.

For two weeks we had this hole, minus the flooring, which was removed on August 6.
Then the waiting began.

Minus the flooring. Alas, my parquet. I loved you for 30 years.

Tuesday the plumber showed up. Really nice guy from Eagle Rock, Richard Craft. Seemed to know his stuff and I give him a big thumbs up for a job well done.

After he left, I had this:

No sink.
 
Today I went to take the car to Christiansburg for service, and when I returned, I found this:

No cabinet and the drywall's been cut out.

The next step is to have a drywall person come in (I hope I don't need an insulation person, too. Surely not.). That person will fix the hole. The reason there is a hole is because the wall was black with mold from the leak from the dishwasher. There was mold on the cabinet, too.

Trying to figure out dinner when you have nothing but a tiny bathroom sink to wash a big pot in is a real challenge. I think we might be eating out a lot until this issue is fixed.

Lesson? Keep a closer eye on things that deal with water. Water in the sink is good. Water in the cabinets, not good.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.