Monday, August 20, 2018

A Visit From Mr. Skunk

Early Saturday morning I had a visitor in the field. I shot these in low light, so they're not the best.




One thing I was intrigued by was the snake-like way the skunk moved about the field as it searched for grubs. It moved as if it had no bones, almost. The skunk was minding its own business, seeking breakfast, and I was far enough away not to bother it. Thank goodness for a long-lens camera!

We smell them occasionally but rarely see skunks, so I was pleased to get these photos.

2 comments:

  1. Can you imagine have one as a pet? No thank you even if deskunked. I’ll stick with my pug.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I kinda think they're cute. Minus the aroma.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.