Sunday, July 01, 2018

Sunday Stealing

Sunday Stealing

1. Do you like parades?

A. I'm afraid my work as a news reporter has rather soured me on parades. I attended loads of them, taking pictures for the newspaper. I really don't care if I ever go to another.

2. Rate the following parade attractions in order of affection (I'll just move these around to the order of affection):
*. fire trucks
*. marching bands
*. floats
*. anything that gives away candy
*. antique cars/tractors

*. horses
*. politicians ride in cars

3. Have you ever been in a parade?

A. I used to be in the marching band in high school. We went to the parades. In July we sweltered, at Christmas we froze.

4. Do you bring lawn chairs to parades?

A. I was too busy working to sit.

5. Does it bother you to have to park a long way from the parade, and then walk back to the car afterwards?

A. Yes.

6. Do you wave at people you know?

A. Yes.

7. At people you don't know?

A. I used to wave and talk to everybody, whether I knew them or not. Press pass, you know.

8. Do you take pets -dogs particularly - to parades?

A. No. Dogs don't belong everywhere and I know everyone loves their little snookums, but I wish the animals would stay at home. I'm allergic to them and I'm also a little afraid of the larger ones. I can't be the only person who feels that way.

9. Have you ever been to a big parade in person (Rose Bowl, Macy's, etc)?


A. No.

10. Do you attend more warm weather or cold weather parades?


A. I attended both, but I think as the younger news reporter I often ended up with the cold and rainy ones more so than others.

__________

I encourage you to visit other participants in
Sunday Stealing posts and leave a comment. Cheers to all us thieves who love memes, however we come by them.

10 comments:

  1. I remember those marching band parade days! Beside the heat and cold you left out having to march around the horse manure, ugh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree about leaving the dogs at home. I love my pets, but I think we've gotten a bit extreme in putting animal rights ahead of people.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I get the distinct impression you're not a Yankee Doodle Girl! :) I get it, though. It wasn't a holiday for you, but a news event that required your attention.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right. It was work. I ended up walking the parade route, trying to get photos.

      Delete
  4. Working a parade would drive me crazy. I don't particularly care for them anyhow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't mind them so much when I was younger, but as I aged I found myself more and more wondering why I had to take the same photos every year, just with different faces.

      Delete
  5. I completely forgot about all the parades we attended when our daughter was in the marching band. It seems we are not a parade-loving group here!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just KNEW that you would have fire engines first. heehee
    Parades are a little bit too much now. And I don't care if I ever see another one, or sit through ANYTHING outdoors unless it's late afternoon or evening.
    About dogs: you are completely right. They don't belong everywhere, and certainly not at outdoor venues. This is not Woodstock after all.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.