Sunday, April 22, 2018

Sunday Stealing

Sunday Stealing

1. If you could eliminate a single type of insect in the world, which would it be?

A. I wouldn't eliminate any of them. They all serve some purpose, even if we aren't sure what it is yet.

2. If you could have personally witnessed one event in history, what would you want to have seen?

A. The invention of printing, which actually occurred in China in the 7th century or thereabouts.

3. If you had to paint your entire home inside and out a single color other than white, what would you pick?

A. Antique white.

4. If you could decide what will be written on your gravestone, what would you have inscribed?

A. She feared life, but still she tried.

5. If you could have a secret listening device in any one room in the world, what room would you put it in?

A. I just am not going to go there.

6. If you could have any music group that no longer exists play at your birthday party, who would you want?

A. Well, most of the groups I like have returned in some reincarnation of themselves. The Rolling Stones is still together, Fleetwood Mac is sort of still together, Heart is still together. So maybe Abba?

7. If you were to perform in the circus, what would you do?

A. Play the accordion with a monkey.

8. If you could master one type of cuisine, which one would you choose?

A. Something healthy. (If I knew what that was, I'd be eating it already.)

9. If you had to have one piece of music softly playing in your mind for the rest of your life, what would you want it to be?

A. Vincent (Starry Starry Night) by Don McLean.

10. If you could ensure one single personality trait in your children, what would you want it be?

A. Couldn't have children, not relevant to me.
              
11. If you could resolve any single dispute, anywhere in the world, what would you solve?


A. The Middle East. The whole thing is just one big dispute over who-knows-what.

12. If you could be a guest on any talk show, which would you like to be on?

A. Oprah, except she doesn't do that anymore. So maybe Ellen.

13. If you were to be a news correspondent posted to any foreign country, where would you like to go?

A. Norway. I don't think much happens in Norway.

14. If you could have been on the Supreme court for any single case in its history, which would you select?

A. Bush v. Gore

15. If you could pick one person from history to live next door to you, who would you pick?

A. My many-great grandmother, Mary Magdalene Etzler Painter. (She lived in the early 1800s and died in 1867.)

__________

I encourage you to visit other participants in
Sunday Stealing posts and leave a comment. Cheers to all us thieves who love memes, however we come by them.

4 comments:

  1. I would pay to see you play the accordion with a monkey!
    I chose Jamaica to report from for the same reason as you, but at least it'll be warm there. Maybe Ellen could have us on to talk about that and our desire for peace in the Middle East.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your many-great grandmother's name!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such questions for great-grandmother! I wonder how she'd feel about women's roles today.

    I agree with you 210% on #1.

    Re: your inscription. My shrink used to tell me that our fears aren't important, it's what our fears keep us from doing that matters. So, brava!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey....play the accordion with a monkey. Now THERE's a circus job that is somewhat appealing.

    BTW, I have to apologize to you. My blog has, for some reason without my permission!, added comment approval before publishing. Most of the time I am on my desktop and approving is very easy, but when I try to approve on my cell phone, my finger is too fat and sometimes slops over into the "erase" button and I erased your comment on the Sunday Stealing entry. But thank you for writing!

    Norway would be a good choice, if it weren't for the weather.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.