Sunday, April 22, 2018

My Morning Routine

I fall out of bed and I stumble to the kitchen

(not really, I get up and go to the bathroom, take a pill for my cramped stomach muscles, then put a heating pad on my belly for 20 minutes)

Pour myself a cup of ambition

(I only drink tea, so I start the tea kettle and take the rest of my medication)

Yawn and stretch and try to come to life.

(I go into my "office" and turn on the computer and read the news.)

I jump into the shower and the blood starts pumping.

(I do love a hot shower.)

Out on the street the traffic is jumping.

(Every now and then I hear a turkey gobble or a cow moo.)

For folks like me on the job, from 9 to 5.

(I just work at home.)

(The lyrics are from Dolly Parton's song, 9 to 5, if you don't recognize them.)

_____________
Linking up with the April challenge from Kwizgiver. April 22 done!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.