Saturday, March 03, 2018

Saturday 9: Is There Life Out There?

Is There Life Out There? (1992)

Unfamiliar with this week's song? Hear it here.

1) This song is about a woman who married at 20. It's estimated that the average American groom is 2.5 years older than his bride. Why do you suppose that is?

A. I always thought it was because it took men at least four more years than women to reach the same mental maturity. (I married at 20, and my husband was 24.)

2) A 2014 study shows the bigger the age gap in a marriage, the more likely the couple is to divorce. What do you think is the reason for most divorces?

A. Money or adultery.

3) Reba's second marriage recently ended. Statistics show that second marriages are more likely than first marriages to wind up in divorce. Why do you suppose that is?

A. Because once you've been divorced, you know how to do it the second time around. Also, I think partners are less trusting in second marriages, particularly if the person was cheating on spouse A with spouse B.

4) This week's featured artist, Reba McEntire, was discovered when she sang The National Anthem at an Oklahoma City rodeo. Have you ever been to the rodeo?

A. A very long time ago (at least four decades).

5) Reba dropped out of Southeastern Oklahoma State University to go to Nashville and pursue a recording career. In that way, she's like the woman she sings about in this week's song. "She's done what she should, should she do what she dares?" Do you ever regret a risk or opportunity you didn't take?

A. All the time.

6) Reba's heroine is "dying to try something foolish, do something crazy, or just get away." Does that sound like you? What would you do, just for yourself, if time and money were no object?

A. If time and money were no object, I would hire a private jet and travel.

7) Reba recently became a spokesperson for Kentucky Fried Chicken. Whose chicken do you eat most often: Popeye's, Church's, Chick-fil-A or KFC?

A. I don't eat at any of those restaurants.

8) In 2001, Reba starred in her own sitcom. On the show, her character is first an administrative assistant and then a real estate agent. Have you ever tried your hand at either of those occupations? If not, which do you think you would be a better fit for you?

A. I have been what used to be called a secretary, which I think today is often referred to as an administrative assistant. I hated it. I wouldn't make a very good real estate agent, either.

9) Random question: Which of these super powers would you rather have -- extraordinary strength or invisibility?

A. Invisibility.

_____________

I encourage you to visit other participants in
Saturday 9
posts and leave a comment. Because there are no rules, it is your choice. Saturday 9 players hate rules. We love memes, however.





















































































































































    

5 comments:

  1. #5.. yep..and we all have regrets. And likely all the time. I’ve finally unloaded mine for the last time.
    I chose invisibility,too. I’ve got enough strength.

    ReplyDelete
  2. #6 is the best! I didn't even think of first class travel like that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was a secretary, too. We're aging ourselves, aren't we?

    ReplyDelete
  4. We said basically the same thing for #3, but you said it so much better. I've never understood why anyone would want to marry someone who cheated on someone else to be with them. You already know they're a cheater for cripes sake!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Funny how many of us alluded to maturity for the answer to that first one. 4 years may be a bit generous for some.. lol. I'm not a fan of those restaurants either.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.