Thursday, January 04, 2018

Thursday Thirteen

Happy New Year, Thursday Thirteen!

Today I am looking forward. Here are 13 things I am looking forward to:

1. Getting the 2017 taxes completed and off to the tax accountant.

2. Reading more fantasy.

3. Making an intense study of the Lao Tzu Tao Te Ching. I am using a version by Ursula K. Le Guin.

4. Getting back into the habit of using a paper Day Planner.

5. Writing more Thursday Thirteens, as well as doing my Saturday 9 and Sunday Stealing memes. (Feel free to join in if you don't do those last two. They're fun.)

6. Completing a crochet project I began last year. It's supposed to be a cover for my KitchenAid mixer, if I can ever sort it out. I'm kind of winging it and not using a pattern. I didn't like the ones I found online, which were mostly knitted and involved a lot of stretching over the appliance.

7. Learning how to use a new camera.

8. Taking a vacation to . . . somewhere. We haven't decided yet.

9. Spending time with my friends.

10. Maybe . . . maybe . . . picking up some more freelance manuscript editing, or some other paid online work, if my health continues its minute improvements.

11. Coloring in my coloring books.

12. Taking some kind of online class.

13. My book club meetings.

What are you looking forward to in 2018?


_______

Thursday Thirteen is played by lots of people; there is a list here if you want to read other Thursday Thirteens and/or play along. I've been playing for a while and this is my 533rd time to do a list of 13 on a Thursday.

5 comments:

  1. We are traveling to Europe. Joe has a teen retreat gig there. I definitely want to play more Scrabble, and am looking forward to Floydfest and my son's wedding in September.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't have a book club, but I'm looking forward to most of the rest of this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I relate with taxes and coloring books; looking into doing some 52-week money challenge to fund a travel I want to do this year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kick back. See what grabs me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Since you asked, I'm looking forward to knitting a TON of fingerless gloves though committing to only 12 sets. And I'm going to build a chair blind in order to use it to take photos of birds in the garden. And, I am going to re-learn all the settings on my little canon first gen S3 IS. Some people really get good stuff out of this little Bebé.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.