Tuesday, January 02, 2018

A Grandmother's Quilt

One of the items we received for Christmas this year was one of the quilts pieced together by James' grandmother on his mother's side.

She was a great quilter and my mother-in-law was able to give a quilt this year to us, my husband's sister, and each of her two children.



 
I thought the pink squares were an interesting color to throw in there. It increases the visual interest in the piece.
 
Quilting has an interesting history, especially as it pertains to women. I don't know much about it because I haven't studied it, but I understand that women have been known to leave messages, advice, and other hidden notes in quilts and other types of needlecraft.
 
This is a great family keepsake.
 
 

3 comments:

  1. Nice to see that this was passed down. I have several of my grandmother's quilts. They are true treasures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always think of the person diligently and lovingly making it

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nothing is better than to snuggle under a quit made with love.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.