Saturday, January 06, 2018

Saturday 9: I've Got My Love to Keep Me Warm

Saturday 9: I've Got My Love to Keep Me Warm (2006)

Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

1) Bette Midler sings about the storm that's raging outside. How's the weather where you are today?

A. C ... c ... Cold. It was 9 degrees when I woke this morning. And we're in a drought, too. And the wind is blowing so it is really colder. We've had a lot of trouble with the cattle watering troughs in the last few days. They aren't supposed to freeze but they are.

2) She mentions her gloves. Tell us about your favorite pair of gloves or mittens.

A. I don't have a favorite pair. I buy the little $1 a pair knit gloves and have them all over the place. I lose things like that.

3) Does your home have a fireplace to keep you warm?

A. We have a fireplace but we don't use it because the smoke and ash adds to my asthma issues. We use it only if the power goes out for an extended period.

4) Bette's father, Fred, supported his family as a house painter. Have you ever held a job that kept you outdoors a great deal of the time?

A. I worked on my father's farm when I was young (though I got out of it when I could) and we own a farm, but I leave most of the outdoor work to my husband. I keep up with the paperwork.

5) Her mother, Ruth, was a talented seamstress. How about you? Can you sew on a button? Raise a hem? Darn a hole?

A. I am by no means talented, but I can hem pants, fix buttons, etc. Nothing fancy, or even good. Just done.

6) 2017 was a big year for Bette. At the age of 72, she opened on Broadway in the revival of Hello, Dolly! and won a Tony. As we kick off 2018, what would you like to accomplish this year?

A. I would like to do more writing.

7) Bette and her husband Martin have been married for nearly 34 years. Their wedding was officiated by an Elvis impersonator. Are you looking forward to any weddings in 2018?

A. Not that I am aware of.

8) Bette and Martin are very proud of their daughter, Sophie, now 30, who graduated from Yale in 2008. Do you expect to attend any graduation ceremonies in 2018?

A. No.

9) Random question: Yesterday, who did you spend the most time with?

A. My husband and I both have some nasty crud and have been cooped up together for days now.

_____________

I encourage you to visit other participants in
Saturday 9 posts and leave a comment. Because there are no rules, it is your choice. Saturday 9 players hate rules. We love memes, however.

3 comments:

  1. Darn that crud! How insulting to have to go out into the cold to tend to the poor cattle. This weather is just so very brutal!
    I think you will write more this year. I really think this is your year to do it. Also, going back to another post, it's interesting that you'll now be studying the Book of Changes. It can change lives, that book.... I still use it to gain insights into situations. Wishing you an end to this weather whip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you and your hubs feel better and soon!

    Those little interchangeable gloves are a good investment. (I know because I lose them, too. I have a lone pink one on my dining room table right now, waiting in vain for its partner to return.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you two feel better soon. So many I know are down with the "crud" right now. :(

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.