Thursday, December 28, 2017

Thursday Thirteen (Blog Post 3,600)

A look back at stuff I did in 2017:

1. I edited a manuscript.

2. Wrote a few poems. Here's one from October about the political/world events. This one is probably my favorite I wrote this year.

3. Knitted a couple of scarves.

This scarf went to England for a friend.

4. Learned to crochet (still haven't finished that project).

5. Played a key role (though unheralded and unpaid) in helping a candidate win election.

6. Read 20 books (or at least, that is what I logged). This is far short of my reading goal and also far short of what I normally read in a year. (Note to self: do better in 2018.)

7. Wrote 26,500 words in my private journal on the computer.

8. This particular blog entry marks my 3,600th published blog post since I began this blog and my 532nd Thursday 13.

9. I took a vacation to Virginia Beach.



10. I started using a Fitbit and went from a puny 2,600 steps a day to occasionally hitting 10,000 and hitting over 5,000 nearly every day, unless I am sick with strep throat or something.

11. I finished up my physical therapy for the year (maybe for a good long while), after being in it off and on for years due to a stupid doctor who didn't know how to properly remove a gallbladder.

12. Cleaned up my office after letting it fester and pile up for about five years.

Junked up corner

Cleaned up corner


13. Prepared all the stuff for the 2016 taxes, which I now get to do again for 2017.


_______

Thursday Thirteen is played by lots of people; there is a list here if you want to read other Thursday Thirteens and/or play along. I've been playing for a while and this is my 532nd time to do a list of 13 on a Thursday.

5 comments:

  1. THAT is an epic poem, the bumbling on earth one. Thank you for your work getting someone elected. Your problems are from a botched gallbladder surgery?? A doctor wanted to take mine out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Accomplishment List would be far more meager, if I had the oomph to create one. Good for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes you can survive without having the silly gall bladder removed. Wish you'd had a better surgeon.
    The fit bit thing is what I'm going to try! You've given me the courage to do it! I used to be so active, and I'm glad that you have built up your steps. Hooray for you! For that, and for getting a good person elected! wow! That's major! Happy New Year CountryDew!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Crocheting fascinates me. I so need to clean up my junked up corner too. Happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow...your office was like mine...but I also cleaned up before holiday ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.