Thursday, April 26, 2007

Thursday Thirteen

1. I picked up a copy today of the Consumer Information Catalog from my local library.

2. You can order useful phamplets from this. The information is created by goverment entities.

3. In the past I have ordered information on topics such as oral cancer in an effort to get my husband to stop chewing tobacco.

4. My efforts went unheeded.

5. The publications range from free to $15.00.

6. Topics range from cars (buying a new car) to computer to education to employment to food.

7. Something like "Your Right to Federal Records" on the Freedom of Information Act costs $1.

8. A phamplet on Restaurant and Take-Out Safety costs you nothing.

9. I plan to order several phamplets on allergies. They are free.

10. I might order one on cholesterol. It is free, too.

11. I think some of the documents that they charge for should be free and some of the free ones maybe should have a charge.

12. For example, it costs $2.75 for a copy of the Constitution of the United States and the Declaration of Independence.

13. Now I know the price of knowledge of democracy: $2.75.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.