Wednesday, April 25, 2007

The Cold Snap

The April cold snap has done a lot of damage to the vegetation. I was at Ikenberry's Monday and G. told me they'd lost about half of their fruit crop.

Apples and peaches will be scarce and expensive this summer, I fear.

This is the view out my window now:



This is what it looked like before the cold snap:



Isn't the first picture scary? I am hoping the trees will recover, but when I was walking Sunday and examining the oaks, I saw little sign of new leaves.

Now we have this odd juxtaposition of dead growth and new growth. It is weird.

I think global warming is misnamed. It should be called global environmental change, because I think that more adequately describes what is happening. The environment is changing.

I wonder if the trees will adapt.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.