Friday, April 20, 2007

Book: Trickster's Choice

Trickster's Choice, by Tamora Pierce
Copyright 2003
425 pages

Tamora Pierce writes fantasy that ends up in the teen genre, though I don't know why. I read it and thoroughly enjoy her work.

Trickster's Choice brings us young Aly, daughter of Alanna, the King's Champion. Aly needs a direction. She wants to be a spy like her father, George, but her parents frown on that. She decides to take a little adventure and gets herself kidnapped and sold into slavery.

Enter a trickster god and you have the makings of an intriguing fanciful plot to bring a new ruler to the throne. Along the way Aly realizes her skills, makes friends, and earns her freedom.

Great book.

4.5 stars (I'd give it 5 but it starts out a little slow.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.