Friday, April 20, 2007

Book: Full Bloom

Audio book
Full Bloom, by Janet Evanovich & Charlotte Hughes
Read by Lorelei King

This book doesn't have the laughs that Stephanie Plum brings in Evanovich's other books, but it was interesting enough.

Annie has lots of problems. She has a ghost, a wedding to plan that will be held in her bed and breakfast, a drunken hired hand, and a missing husband.

Enter Wes, a private eye who poses as a photographer. He was hired by Annie's mother-in-law, who suspects Annie killed her husband. Along the way to resolution there is a rolling pin, a body, an arrest, a drunken binge, a pair of underwear with hearts on them ... it's not a madcap but it is fun.

3.75 stars

Books: Janet Evanovich's Stephanie Plum series.
Audio books (mostly read by Lorelei King)

Vols. 1-12

Evanovich's Stephanie Plum books are a hoot. Stephanie Plum is bounty hunter, a rather inept one, at that.

She has two boyfriends and a grandmother who constantly crack me up.

That said, I confess I haven't "read" a one of the books; I have listened to every one of them as an audiobook. Sometimes they are so funny I have to stop the car and laugh. Sometimes I sit in the car in the driveway just to keep listening.

They are that good.

4.5 stars (all Stephanie Plum books)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.